Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two miles?! Wow, I figured on more just from testing stuff.
I think the ultimate plan is to bring it off the line, do the static checks, couple runs on the dyno to bed the brakes, and then a trip around the indoor track to check for squeaks and rattles. Guess they're actually doing that on a few cars.

In other news, R456/VIN 1459 is home (Perf, grey, black/CF, pano, Tech, Silver 21, Sound, Armor - due bill, nothing). Picked it up today at the factory (1:00 pick-up although we didn't do the tour). Car is amazing. All doors close w/ the same pressure, Homelink paired perfectly the first time, both phones (iPhone and Android) paired and function perfectly as well. Car seat latched into the rear center and baby is loving the pano roof. I miss projected vs ideal range coming from the Roadster and need a bit of practice w/ the Cruise Control but it drives like a dream.

IMG_8846-small.jpg

With front plate holder:
IMG_8865-small.jpg

Our car having the front plate holder installed and a grey w/ grey wheels in the foreground (forgot to check the VIN). I like it but wife decided it was too masculine. I agree w/ her and the silver wheels helps the chrome on the car blend in:
IMG_8861-small.jpg

Last edited:
I just received a call for delivery. I am scheduled to take delivery at the Seattle Service Center on Tuesday 12/11 at noon. My reservation is P1456 and VIN is 1646. So excited!

Hi Francis,

Congrats on your good news.

I'm curious about your config. I'm, P2159, but VIN 1682, live up in Bellingham, and I have exactly the same delivery window as you. If our cars are similar, I would guess mine must be very close. I'm non performance, grey, cloth seats, tech, studio and air suspension.

In other news, R456/VIN 1459 is home (Perf, grey, black/CF, pano, Tech, Silver 21, Sound, Armor - due bill, nothing). Picked it up today at the factory (1:00 pick-up although we didn't do the tour). Car is amazing. All doors close w/ the same pressure, Homelink paired perfectly the first time, both phones (iPhone and Android) paired and function perfectly as well. Car seat latched into the rear center and baby is loving the pano roof. I miss projected vs ideal range coming from the Roadster and need a bit of practice w/ the Cruise Control but it drives like a dream.

WOW, that grey looks awesome!! I've only ever seen it indoors but it looks absolutely stunning in that outdoor shot. Congrats, and please post more!!

So sleek and sophisticated...

Does that mean that your car has the cubby under the screen?
Yep - cubby is under screen. Holds my phone and my wife's sunglasses just fine. Wife is loving the "negative space" below the screen - was able to plop our huge diaper bag into the space without intruding into anyone's foot room.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW, that grey looks awesome!! I've only ever seen it indoors but it looks absolutely stunning in that outdoor shot. Congrats, and please post more!!

So sleek and sophisticated...
Thanks! I updated my original post w/ a couple more pics to save posts in what I believe is the biggest thread I've ever seen on a message board :p

Last edited:
Hi Francis,

Congrats on your good news.

I'm curious about your config. I'm, P2159, but VIN 1682, live up in Bellingham, and I have exactly the same delivery window as you. If our cars are similar, I would guess mine must be very close. I'm non performance, grey, cloth seats, tech, studio and air suspension.

Here is my config:

• P1456
  • VIN 1646
  • 85 kWh Battery
  • Pacific Blue
  • Panoramic Roof
  • 19" Wheels
  • Tan Leather Interior
  • Obeche Wood Gloss Décor
  • Tech Package
  • Sound Studio Package
  • Active Air Suspension
  • Parcel Shelf

I miss projected vs ideal range coming from the Roadster and need a bit of practice w/ the Cruise Control but it drives like a dream.

I thought this was still here, just called something different after the software update? Anyway, I'm heartened by all the things you say are fine (doors closing, Homelink, etc.). :-D This gives me hope that taking an unexpected December delivery was the right call for me.

Thanks for the front plate holder pix, BTW. Not enough pix showing the holder with plate (I think I found one, just in time to order the holder!), and this is probably the first I've seen with holder-but-no-plate.

And to echo other comments, the grey looks awesome. I should've considered it more seriously; the samples in the showrooms really do many of these colors a disservice. (I'd seen blue and brown in person which is why they were my top two choices at the end.)

Wow.. look dolphins all around!! Love the dolphin with the silver 21s as a classy, yet sporty, family sedan. The grey 21s definitely add an aggressive, masculine look, which I like too. Since my wife picked Dolphin grey for her car, the silver 21s look awesome.

I see the paint armor is barely visible, but can see the hood line in the pictures.