Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bob,
Picked mine up and n Charlotte yesterday as well.
Wow
200 mile drive home and it was great
Awesome vehicle
I've gotta say, anyone on the fence about auto pilot...
That was the difference. That is what really sets this car apart.
Here is the crazy part. I was in the parking lot going over a few things before I left
Pulled up the slacker subscription
Chose alt 80s hits
The first song, no joke I swear, was The Cars "magic"
How Elon managed to swing that just for me I have no idea
But that's exactly what auto pilot felt like to me
Total magic
Having always driven cheap cars the overall experience was great
Well above my expectations

I took a screw driver and towel to wedge off the plate.

The double stick tape: I removed as much I could by hand, and then used Goo Gone to lightly rub off the remaining residue.

Online posts say it shouldn't hurt the clear coat.

@SackAttack @DoubleE @rcsting
Are you guys removing the frame to leave it clean, or placing the plate elsewhere? I've only been ticketed once for no front CA plate and that was because he stopped me for speeding.

If my car ever arrives, that ugly frame is gone........

Are you guys removing the frame to leave it clean, or placing the plate elsewhere? I've only been ticketed once for no front CA plate and that was because he stopped me for speeding.

Frame already removed. I'm keeping the frame and bracket in the trunk in case I ever get pulled over. I'll just use 3M double stick tape to temporarily mount the black bracket until the fix it is approved.

I never had a front plate on my Porsches and when I asked a police officer about it he told me that its extremely rare to pull over a car just for no front plates.

I never had a front plate on my Porsches and when I asked a police officer about it he told me that its extremely rare to pull over a car just for no front plates.
He is right that they almost never pull you over for it as a primary offense. But I have gotten a ticket street parking in San Francisco. The meter maids will write you up for it every time they see you

Reactions: newtman
First Delivery in Toronto?? - bunch of other guys on this forum including myself are slated for June 16-30
Did they have many facelift MS's in the showroom?

By the way, you might also be getting a bit of a price reduction - I think I got a few thousand off because of the better exchange rates. You should receive an email to this affect (CANADA ONLY).

By the way, you might also be getting a bit of a price reduction - I think I got a few thousand off because of the better exchange rates. You should receive an email to this affect (CANADA ONLY).
I got that email but didn't get any update on the pricing - also emailed NAsales but no reply

Though my order went in 2/3 so I'm locked into a price before all the increases as well as before the EV revate drop so my price is still lower than what's currently on the site. Did you have a higher price than the site, and did they tell you your price drop before you went to pickup the car?

I guess Rita ain't so lovely after all........so did you leave your plate/bracket?

I plan on leaving it on my MS because I think the front plate bracket looks acceptable on it. My current Audi also has an integrated license plate slot in the grill so I keep a front plate on anyway.

My first Audi was bought out of state and did not. Audi said it was $1300 to replace the grill with one that supports a plate! I said no thanks, I would need to get 12 tickets to break even, and that obviously didn't happen.