Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does it take more than a month to take delivery in NJ? Came out of production on 10/15. Shows on MyTesla as November 11 - November 23rd delivery, yet my DS is holding firm to a November 20th delivery date. This is one time I wish I lived in California!!

I am so excited....

109396 Model S 70D | Pearl White | Pano Roof | 19" Wheels | Tan Leather Seats | Piano Black | Black Alcantara Headliner | Autopilot | Premium Interior & Lighting |

But, what we really want to know is, what costume will you wear at pickup to put an extra smile on the DS folks? And will there be pictures?

Oh my goodness, I never even thought about a costume, that is hilarious! (ô‿ô)

But wait! my avatar/title is actually true, so my dyed blue hair should be enough... Hmmm, maybe whip up some antennae on a headband to wear when picking up my own personal Intergalactic Spaceboat of Light and Wonder (thanks The Oatmeal).

Oh my goodness, I never even thought about a costume, that is hilarious! (ô‿ô)

But wait! my avatar/title is actually true, so my dyed blue hair should be enough... Hmmm, maybe whip up some antennae on a headband to wear when picking up my own personal Intergalactic Spaceboat of Light and Wonder (thanks The Oatmeal).
Now we're talking! Oatmeal fan as well? You are one of my favorite persons...

So happy you are almost there. Have a very Happy Halloween!

Thanks so much! It's been a long wait, watching in envy while the folks closer to the source have their car orders filled more quickly.

Now we're talking! Oatmeal fan as well?

and I heart The Oatmeal's humor so much, was interested in a Tesla before I saw his features about his car and about the inventor. He's probably sold quite a few cars with his work...

My order was confirmed on 10/22 as well. Has anyone near that confirmation date had their car move into production? I'm still on the production queue.

Considering that Tesla gave guidance to investors that they will build 17k cars this quarter, I imagine the factory is super busy!

My wife's model s 85d: vin 111158, ordered 9/26, confirmed 10/3, in production queue a week after that (I think). my.teslamotors.com says late October or early November for delivery, with the Final Price Sheet giving us a 11/9 delivery date. Since we are 200 miles from Portland, our DS says it will come directly on a truck from Fremont.

We can't wait :)

My wife's DS called, car is finished today, and may be in Portland by Wednesday (10/28)! Just a little over a month after ordering.

My my wife has business to do in Portland this week, so she will try to pick it up at the service center rather than wait for delivery.

LOL I must be the most lackadaisical the customer they have. I heard from the sales person I worked with that they would contact me soon and it's only been last Thursday since I was confirmed. Time to do some emailing tomorrow :)

My vin is 114262, do mind if I ask what yours is? We're probably only a couple 100 apart, if that. Hope we both get our cars sooner than later. I heard Tesla is using a combination of rail and trucks since they have so many cars to deliver this quarter.

I emailed my DS and got a reply right away.

My 70d has been in production for two weeks, I work across the street from the service center and have been seeing 111 vins on the truck and my 108 vin is still in production. I would like to know how some get built and delivered before others. I will see if it shows this week.