Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to this overnight, but still in status of being built:
Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 9.05.35 AM.png

Must be close to being finished and then on its way south!

Last edited:
circling back to the topic of wrapping... I consulted with a local wrapping company and was recommended a product called 'nano-fusion'... I got to mess with samples of a few different brands and easily see why the nano-fusion is much better.. It appears to be much more durable and not 'rubber' or 'plastic' feeling at all... and it has a lifetime warranty against peeling, cracking, bubbling or yellowing.

They told me that the self healing films only heal on the most minor abrasions, and that the deeper stuff it simply doesn't heal from. Further, the self healing is much softer and easier to damage than the nano-fusion..

Apologies that this is off topic, but I wanted to share my new found knowledge w/ those that expressed previous interest in the thread..

now, we return you to the normal status updates.. ;)
LK

circling back to the topic of wrapping... I consulted with a local wrapping company and was recommended a product called 'nano-fusion'... I got to mess with samples of a few different brands and easily see why the nano-fusion is much better.. It appears to be much more durable and not 'rubber' or 'plastic' feeling at all... and it has a lifetime warranty against peeling, cracking, bubbling or yellowing.

LK

Links please?

Just received word that if they can get it down here by Tues, Oct 6, I could take delivery on Thursday, Oct 8. Crossing fingers extra hard!

Good luck, Bancroftc! How's ACL treating you? My daughter is back there having a ball with her friends.

Well we just had a new baby, so no ACL for me this year! But the weather is awesome...

Thats awesome your car is coming so quickly!! I am still in production :/ Hopefully I'll be out soon. Let us know when you get your new baby!

Woo! Congrats!
<1month order to delivery would be pretty awesome turnaround for the best car in the world! ᕙ(`▽´)ᕗ

My S90D that I pick up tomorrow here in San Diego would have been 22 days from order to delivery -- if I had not known at the time of order about a scheduled trip the end of September. The unexpected very quick build-time actually had my ready-to-go S90D sitting in Fremont and at the San Diego SC for more than 10 days awaiting my return!

Hope it's a great one and our rainy weather doesn't spoil it for you!

update:
20 days from confirmation to delivery. Picking up Thursday, 10/8.

That is lightning fast JQ! (Kinda like your P90D)

Fitting I suppose :) Very jealous here - still in production and no updates on delivery from my end. Curious, was your delivery window shown on your MyTesla page or provided via your DS? You better send us pics of that car when you get it on Thursday!

That is lightning fast JQ! (Kinda like your P90D)

Fitting I suppose :) Very jealous here - still in production and no updates on delivery from my end. Curious, was your delivery window shown on your MyTesla page or provided via your DS? You better send us pics of that car when you get it on Thursday!

I was actually contacted by my DS before the window showed new dates, OCT 8-15, and the final status of "In transit" didn't show until after as well.

So it happened "overnight" so to speak. Don't lose hope.

My transit time is obviously much quicker here, but you will be there soon.

I will post pics for sure!

Just got an email from my DS saying that my car was finishing with production and time to pay up. Just coughed up the big bucks, so it's game on! She said it should go out on the next scheduled delivery truck once payment is confirmed :)

Now I get to agonize over how long it will take for shipping.