Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope these pictures give you an idea of what a Stealth Gray Model S delivery is like at the Fremont facility. It was raining earlier in the morning, so the car was a little dirty.

The other picture gives you and idea of all the other Model 3 and Model Y that were waiting to be picked up or to be sold. There were at least a few rows like that. In the last picture you can see an Ultra Red Model S Plaid. It was the only other Model S, I found in the rows of new Teslas. I saw a few Model X, but mostly Model 3 and Model Y.

All these at the ground level at the delivery area. Someone else shared the YouTube videos of the aerial view.
Thanks for the photos. This is pretty cool to see. My delivery will be very different since the service center only has the capability to cram about 10 cars in to the parking lot for delivery. In fact, if you want to go for a test drive you have to park on the street and pay for metered parking. So, seeing the factory and the line of cars is pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_2194.jpeg
    IMG_2194.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 18
Here are my delivery details. Tried to order an inventory Model S (long range, red, cream insides) on Dec 8th. But they didn’t tell me it was a Cal car and not something I could get in Georgia. On Dec 11th they had arranged for a new car instead (inventory cars seem discounted at $1 a mile) so not that much of a benefit to get one. My car was to arrive in Georgia on Dec 30th for pick up on 31st. This varied from Jan-Feb back to the 31st. But car actually arrived on Dec 29th and I picked it up on the 30th. Simple handover, and I have found no flaws. (10 miles on it). So I feel with 1k off for early truck reservation, red color for no cost, and the transfer of supercharging made it worth it. My previous car (Blue model S) lasted me 10+ years and I hope this one does the same.
IMG_0063.jpeg
IMG_0062.jpeg
IMG_0062.jpeg

It great to hear an early adopter (In a Tesla Desert, no less) has had a great experience, and a good delivery on a new (Well optioned, IMO) MS to boot.

From the earlier posts, I'm wondering if there is a chance that there will never be a '24 MS or MX, and a phase out of production later in next year?

They are such a small portion of sales, and if the new highland is a popular, maybe it makes sense.

Reactions: AMPd and Chuckled
It great to hear an early adopter (In a Tesla Desert, no less) has had a great experience, and a good delivery on a new (Well optioned, IMO) MS to boot.

From the earlier posts, I'm wondering if there is a chance that there will never be a '24 MS or MX, and a phase out of production later in next year?

They are such a small portion of sales, and if the new highland is a popular, maybe it makes sense.

I've been thinking the same.

Folks have been saying that the MS/MX is no longer consuming R&D cost so every single unit out the door is "free" money.

It's very possible when demand becomes low enough, it'll start to become an overhead cost to supply chain to get parts for manufacture. That's when difficult decisions must be made.

I don't see demand sky rocketing anytime soon now that more and more players are entering the market. Sure there's some pros and cons compared to MS/MX, but that gap is continuously shrinking.

Minor updates will temporarily delay that difficult decision. Major changes will be required to keep the product line going in the longer term.

That’s really going to complicate resale even more than it already is.

Reactions: aerodyne

So your assuming nearly 7 Billion dollars in SX sales for 2023 as an American made car isn’t worth their time? While I like the Model 3 it is no comparison to a MSP in my opinion.

So your assuming nearly 7 Billion dollars in SX sales for 2023 as an American made car isn’t worth their time? While I like the Model 3 it is no comparison to a MSP in my opinion.

I agree the M3 is no comparison, but 95% of new Tesla buyers are not buying it, literally.

At some point, the MS in it's current config. will be overtaken by the competition.

Reactions: dsm363