Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed. If I still had my P85D, then I'd order in time to be able to due the SC0 transfer even without these two glaring problems fixed...and just hope they're fixed by the time of delivery. I'd like to say I should have waited to sell my P85D, but I sold it at the height of the used car resale value craze in February of last year. It's worth less than half of what I sold it for now assuming same mileage (i.e. worth less than half from age alone).

Wow! One thing to say switch break and brake around but "do" and "due"? Ugh.

I bought the car with 13K miles on it and sold it with 44K miles, so only about 30K miles in almost 5 years. COVID and working from home made that possible.

The county I live in charges us a flat $0.11/KWh for the most part. I think there's a slight discount for the first 5K KWh which is pretty much negligible.
That’s a rather impressive rate wow. Yeah COVID dialed back a lot of my work and pleasure travel. Until the Plaid came along. Now I use it to blow off steam after 20 teams calls. Good luck.

My delivery estimate has not changed since I ordered Nov. 23. Still showing Dec. 23-31. MSP, blue, black, wheel, 19". I'm hoping for a Merry Christmas, but not holding my breath!.........Lol. (Dallas area)
Its very likely I think you will be getting Christmas edition. I ordered Nov. 21st, EDD creeping up day by day until Dec. 31. But if they stick me with 2023 model year I am not taking it and will put order on hold for 2 weeks.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Its very likely I think you will be getting Christmas edition. I ordered Nov. 21st, EDD creeping up day by day until Dec. 31. But if they stick me with 2023 model year I am not taking it and will put order on hold for 2 weeks.

Is this something you can just do without question? i.e. if I place an order now for a Jan-Feb time frame and the center horn button and front bumper camera aren't there, can I place the order on hold in the hopes of improving the chances of those showing up without losing my locked in price?

Is this something you can just do without question? i.e. if I place an order now for a Jan-Feb time frame and the center horn button and front bumper camera aren't there, can I place the order on hold in the hopes of improving the chances of those showing up without losing my locked in price?

In the past, you were allowed one hold and one VIN reject.

I expect most folks are trying to delay to get a '24 and or new features. Tesla no doubt has countermeasures in place.

I don't think we will see center horn or camera anytime soon. Not this year, maybe in a few months. Tesla has to clear out the '23 inventory first.

Just my WAG.

Meanwhile, per Teslafi, holiday update is rolling out
today to MS refresh.

Reactions: zoomer0056 and teko
In the past, you were allowed one hold and one VIN reject.

I expect most folks are trying to delay to get a '24 and or new features. Tesla no doubt has countermeasures in place.

I don't think we will see center horn or camera anytime soon. Not this year, maybe in a few months. Tesla has to clear out the '23 inventory first.

Just my WAG.

Meanwhile, per Teslafi, holiday update is rolling out
today to MS refresh.

I figured at least a few months but ordering todays says delivery Jan/Feb. If I wait until next month, it should say Feb/March. One reject, if it comes in Feb should get me to march. I don't really care about waiting. I'll wait six months if needed. Just paranoid about price going back up if I wait too long.

I figured at least a few months but ordering todays says delivery Jan/Feb. If I wait until next month, it should say Feb/March. One reject, if it comes in Feb should get me to march. I don't really care about waiting. I'll wait six months if needed. Just paranoid about price going back up if I wait too long.
Not likely an option if you’re waiting on assumed features. Best to just cancel. They typically allow a 1 time delay which is usually 1-2 weeks. Never seen a multi month hold.

The delivery estimate is already out to outside window of February without a hold. Who said anything about a multi-month hold???
You said “at least a few months” which I assumed was your hope. Guessing yours will be ready Early Jan if not sooner so a January option would be likely your best case. JMO. Yes, if you wait to order in February you’ll likely get a March but not bets on additions or changes.

I think the center horn button is not coming. It was talked about more than a year ago and still not here. Front bumper camera, maybe.... My order just went off hold. I'm hoping the '24s show up before the next batch of VIN assignments.