Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But you can just hit the palm of your hand on the right side of the steering wheel to activate the horn. You don't have to target the haptic button.
This only worked half the time and half the time when I could actually remember to do it. NEVER got used to this on the MXP. This and lack of front bumper camera (now that the ultrasonics are gone) are the TWO things keeping me from placing and MSP order. If they can manage to get these fixed before the price goes up, I'll take one more chance with Tesla.

Reactions: dsm363
This only worked half the time and half the time when I could actually remember to do it. NEVER got used to this on the MXP. This and lack of front bumper camera (now that the ultrasonics are gone) are the TWO things keeping me from placing and MSP order. If they can manage to get these fixed before the price goes up, I'll take one more chance with Tesla.
Enough people feel this way there must be a third party solution. Imagine a switch under the airbag that has an arm under it that touches the horn button.

Reactions: teko
Enough people feel this way there must be a third party solution. Imagine a switch under the airbag that has an arm under it that touches the horn button.
I could stick one of the S3XY Buttons right in the middle of the airbag but I feel like that would look dumb. Considering we're seeing the latest models (CT and M3 highland) come with a real horn, I would expect a simple retrofit of the entire center section of the steering wheel for MS and X.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
I just checked my delivery estimate again and it looks like I may be seeing an updated delivery every week. Unfortunately today's update is telling me that I won't be seeing my Plaid any time soon. Here is a recap of delivery estimates so far:

December 2nd - Order placed. Estimated delivery date showed Dec 2023 - Jan 2024
December 7th - Estimated delivery date updated to Jan 2024 - Feb 2024
December 11th - Estimated delivery date updated to December 25 - December 31
December 17th - Estimated delivery date updated to December 31 - February 4.

Personally, I feel like the December 31st date is aspirational on Tesla's part. However, with the end of the Window being February I have a feeling that some time next year will be the real delivery date.

Time will tell ...

If anyone else is getting a Plaid delivered in December let us know.

That's my hope as well. The only thing that led me to order another one was Supercharging transfer. I refused to get one with the yoke for years so the round steering wheel was a half measure fix.

Picked up my long range Model S yesterday. Drove it straight to the detailer for PPF and tint so only drove it for 10 minutes. It is much quicker than the P85 and seems very nice. The turn signals are ok but still want a stalk. The gear selector seems poorly thought out. They need to widen the area you swipe so it's not hidden by the steering wheel from view. Same with the car icon to access settings. And the horn of course is still an idiotic decision without the promised fix in place.

The top of the small LCD screen is also hidden from my view at least due to the smaller steering wheel (round) than the prior car. But did seem to be good build quality and the new red is really nice.

I just checked my delivery estimate again and it looks like I may be seeing an updated delivery every week. Unfortunately today's update is telling me that I won't be seeing my Plaid any time soon. Here is a recap of delivery estimates so far:

December 2nd - Order placed. Estimated delivery date showed Dec 2023 - Jan 2024
December 7th - Estimated delivery date updated to Jan 2024 - Feb 2024
December 11th - Estimated delivery date updated to December 25 - December 31
December 17th - Estimated delivery date updated to December 31 - February 4.

Personally, I feel like the December 31st date is aspirational on Tesla's part. However, with the end of the Window being February I have a feeling that some time next year will be the real delivery date.

Time will tell ...

If anyone else is getting a Plaid delivered in December let us know.
I'm picking up my Plaid tomorrow. Just confirmed delivery appointment 15 mins ago. Ordered 11/3.

Reactions: dsm363 and aerodyne
I'm picking up my Plaid tomorrow. Just confirmed delivery appointment 15 mins ago. Ordered 11/3.
My delivery was Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday at 9:30 then 'we will text you later when ready' text at 7:30 Saturday morning. Never heard back but I checked the app and saw my new early afternoon appointment so went it half an hour early. Stood in line and then had to wait in lobby for 45 min until someone was ready. Then they had to do a software update they said (assume NTHSA mandated) and all this took about 4 hours from getting there to leaving. Actual delivery process was less than 5 minutes. Hand you the keys and any questions? Was fine as I knew what I'm getting and could figure the rest out but not sure what it's like for first time Tesla owners.

Their communication is really bad. I'd send a question via the app or when they'd text me (normal text) and it would go unanswered for days sometimes. They really need to hire more people for this part of the process. I think the texts were coming from someone on east coast and not at the delivery center so you'd think someone actually doing the delivery would be in charge of communication at least day of delivery.

It really is strange to be driving a new Tesla though. Seems like another car entirely but I'm sure a nice upgrade overall. The charging and ability to travel more easily will be nice. Will cut an hour from some trips or more.

Reactions: MyJoule
My delivery was Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday at 9:30 then 'we will text you later when ready' text at 7:30 Saturday morning. Never heard back but I checked the app and saw my new early afternoon appointment so went it half an hour early. Stood in line and then had to wait in lobby for 45 min until someone was ready. Then they had to do a software update they said (assume NTHSA mandated) and all this took about 4 hours from getting there to leaving. Actual delivery process was less than 5 minutes. Had you the keys and any questions? Was fine as I knew what I'm getting and could figure the rest out but not sure what it's like for first time Tesla owners.

Their communication is really bad. I'd send a question via the app or when they'd text me (normal text) and it would go unanswered for days sometimes. They really need to hire more people for this part of the process. I think the texts were coming from someone on east coast and not at the delivery center so you'd think someone actually doing the delivery would be in charge of communication at least day of delivery.
I got jerked around a bit too but not nearly as bad as you. I would imagine the recall put a bit of a cork in their delivery bottle. I'll let you know if my delivery is the same kind of *sugar* show.

I got jerked around a bit too but not nearly as bad as you. I would imagine the recall put a bit of a cork in their delivery bottle. I'll let you know if my delivery is the same kind of *sugar* show.
I give them a pass on day of delivery. I'm sure forcing them to hold the car for a software update slowed things down. But I don't understand the multiple delivery days and them the lack of communication. If you don't check the app, you don't know when your appointment is. The app isn't even smart enough to alert you. I would get a text usually about delivery day moving. But then I'd sometimes follow up after I saw new time in app asking "Is my new time now X day?" and wouldn't get a text back sometimes. I'm not sure how many people they have covering that line but they seem to be overwhelmed.

I mean it tells you when you leave your windows down with an alert. But not when you have a new delivery time. You'd think an alert with a forced acknowledgment (do you agree to new delivery time yes/no) and with a phone call follow up if person says no (doesn't fit with their schedule maybe).

I give them a pass on day of delivery. I'm sure forcing them to hold the car for a software update slowed things down. But I don't understand the multiple delivery days and them the lack of communication. If you don't check the app, you don't know when your appointment is. The app isn't even smart enough to alert you.

I mean it tells you when you leave your windows down with an alert. But not when you have a new delivery time. You'd think an alert with a forced acknowledgment (do you agree to new delivery time yes/no) and with a phone call follow up if person says no (doesn't fit with their schedule maybe).
I got a text message. Nothing in the app at all

I got a text message. Nothing in the app at all
I'd check app now and then. Has your appointment time and that seems to be time they use as well. Even if they never let you know what it is.

I was never told of my new delivery time after yesterday morning was delayed promising me a text with the new time. The app had the new time but they didn't let me know when it was.

Yeah sounds like left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing

IMG_5472.jpeg

I'd check app now and then. Has your appointment time and that seems to be time they use as well. Even if they never let you know what it is.

I was never told of my new delivery time after yesterday morning was delayed promising me a text with the new time. The app had the new time but they didn't let me know when it was.

There is a regional delivery center that does not communicate well with the Store, and vice versa.

The former knows where the car is, but not necessarily it's condition, such as if it is ready for delivery.

There is a regional delivery center that does not communicate well with the Store, and vice versa.

The former knows where the car is, but not necessarily it's condition, such as if it is ready for delivery.
It seems they should refine the process. Regional delivery center takes care of everything until the car is physically at the delivery center. Then a local person is assigned X cars to keep track of. Something reasonable hopefully with a backup person covering them if they are out sick for example. Once the car is at the delivery center physically, the local people take over with text messages....etc. Maybe even old fashioned phone calls now and then to update people. Some people block unknown text messages too so sending a text from a random number isn't the best method.