Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it matters and I've been waiting since 2/5/21...so why chance it? For all we know, Tesla could have a shortage of the black piping on the white seats or tire valve stem caps or electrical tape or whatever, lol?!?!?! 🤪

For the miles I do every year, approx 18k-20k, I might as well just take delivery of whatever they're giving me now and by the end of 2022, I'll have about 18k-20k miles on my 2021 Tesla MS Plaid instead of the same mileage for a 2022 model year car...so I guess it's 6 and 1/2 dozen for the other. 🤔
😉
If you take delivery, Vegas is going to have to reset the over/under on people who fully type out "MS Plaid" here on the forum. 😂

Same here! Vegas based, but I've been on medical since May of 2015. Seven spine surgeries in now, hoping to return to line status around the first of the year.
OMG, man I hope you get better soon…..2015!!! Wow. Very sorry to hear. Get that back healed up in time to slam some more G-loading into it when you get your Plaid! If you ever find yourself in MCO, hit me up.

Alright so acknowledging this forum has turned from "gah when am I getting my car," to, "how do I do X in this car," for me... is auto parking a function of FSD or is there some way to make it happen without being in the FSD beta? I haven't even considered requesting the beta because I currently drive like a maniac. Idk... I just love the feeling in my chest of insane acceleration mode on freeway on ramps. I imagine my FSD score would be 50-75 at best

OMG, man I hope you get better soon…..2015!!! Wow. Very sorry to hear. Get that back healed up in time to slam some more G-loading into it when you get your Plaid! If you ever find yourself in MCO, hit me up.
Will do! Yeah, seems like longer than six years. My number came up for the left seat six months after I went out on medical. All those years of left seat pay gone.
Ah well... on the bright side, I'll be bidding around number 10 or so on the FO list when I get back.

Alright so acknowledging this forum has turned from "gah when am I getting my car," to, "how do I do X in this car," for me... is auto parking a function of FSD or is there some way to make it happen without being in the FSD beta? I haven't even considered requesting the beta because I currently drive like a maniac. Idk... I just love the feeling in my chest of insane acceleration mode on freeway on ramps. I imagine my FSD score would be 50-75 at best
Autopark is an FSD / FSD subscription feature. Does not require FSD beta. However, it is seemingly missing from refreshed Model S cars. @omarsultan any update to auto-park? Know it has come and gone a few times.

Autopark is an FSD / FSD subscription feature. Does not require FSD beta. However, it is seemingly missing from refreshed Model S cars. @omarsultan any update to auto-park? Know it has come and gone a few times.
Yeah, it does not require beta--it was out for one release that did not go into wide distribution, then got pulled again. It seems like it was build around the vision-only stack, so maybe its a casualty of the larger single-stack effort.

That's great news! They'll do a FIFO dump of all the remaining 2021s on you Florida Men and then the Yanks will get the first 2022s fresh out of the factory (with the tilt screen, LED accents, new headlights and tail lights, massage seats...)
Sure Woody…wake up, Woody!!! Wake up Woody!!!! You’re having a dream buddy! Welcome to Tesla HELL!!! Aha hahahaha!!! 👹😜🤣

When I read the stories of people having the power steering go out on a Tesla, I think, "Man, you haven't lived until you've flown a 737 in manual reversion mode..." ;)

Luckily, we only do manual reversion as a training exercise now instead of during PC checks with an overzealous check airman.

A few years back, we all finished our PC's (yeah... .back when we did PC's...) early and had a bunch of extra time. Check airman set me up to do a manual reversion single engine ILS down to Cat II with no HUD, and no flight director. There were no survivors. :D
Ah
A practice crash :)

If you take delivery, Vegas is going to have to reset the over/under on people who fully type out "MS Plaid" here on the forum. 😂
Is that all you got Bobby? And that’s coming from a guy who has already taken delivery of his TESLA MODEL S LONG RANGE over a month ago AND STILL has nothing better to do with his life than be here on this “Tesla Model S Ordering/Production/Delivery” thread on TMC for hours every single day. Hahahahaha!!!! 😜😜😜🤣🤣🤣

Almost 54 weeks since I placed my original Plaid (+) order.

The starting window of my EDD is 10/7. So, 10/4, almost midnight and no VIN.....What's worse?

Driving my son's ICE car...had the unfortunate need to get gas....$50!!
  1. Couldn't remember what side of the damn car the tank opening was (yes, I remembered to look at the arrow......eventually)
  2. Forgot I had to pick what hideous grade of crude I wanted
  3. Stood there pushing the top of the nozzle but the gas door would not open
  4. Walked away not engaging the lock to continue pumping
  5. Started to drive away with the cap dangling and the door open

Ok. So 3 and 4 didn't happen. But it seemed like it could have.

Is a high pitched whine when accelerating in drive normal?

I really love the LR so far but I have 3 little issues other than the obvious (need to get used to the Yoke): (1) it is not as quiet as I was expecting (normal amount of road noise/ I have the 19s/ + the high pitched whine), (2) all the doors take a little more force than normal to close (all my doors actually feel less solid and a little flimsy compared to the doors on my Dad's 2014 Model S), and (3) stated range at least is making me question the advertised range.

Hopefully, the range is just a break in or baseline issue because the first 90% charge showed 364 miles stated range and the second 90% charge showed 351 miles stated range AND the stated range actually went down about 20% faster than the actual miles I drove (and I tried to drive conservatively to save my quarter panels until I get to my PPF appointment next week).

On the quiet/ road noise issue, I was probably expecting too much reading about all the sound deadening and seeing the Tesla glass video and it's not that big a deal since I didn't buy the car for how quiet it is. However, I am wondering if the high pitched whine while in drive is the normal sound of a Tesla/ electric car or if it is something I should get checked out.

Is a high pitched whine when accelerating in drive normal?

Yes, some inverter whine is present. While I can't vouch for the MS (as I don't have mine yet), its typical under harder acceleration in every other electric car.

Hopefully, the range is just a break in or baseline issue because the first 90% charge showed 364 miles stated range and the second 90% charge showed 351 miles stated range AND the stated range actually went down about 20% faster than the actual miles I drove (and I tried to drive conservatively to save my quarter panels until I get to my PPF appointment next week).

The best way to compare energy usage is to list the Wh/mi you're getting on a drive. It should be listed in the trip A/B while the usually present energy app is AWOL. Anything sub 300 is great, high speed freeway cruising will likely be above 300 (and typical).

That said, rated range implies driving conditions which hardly anyone does, especially for typical freeway speeds. A 10-20% derating of the rated range is typical for actual driving (blame the EPA test and marketing, and Tesla for not buffering it).

10% of 400 miles gives you 360 miles rated at 90%, which more or less aligns to what you're seeing at a 90% SOC.

Is that all you got Bobby? And that’s coming from a guy who has already taken delivery of his TESLA MODEL S LONG RANGE over a month ago AND STILL has nothing better to do with his life than be here on this “Tesla Model S Ordering/Production/Delivery” thread on TMC for hours every single day. Hahahahaha!!!! 😜😜😜🤣🤣🤣
My car has been at the SC getting a new damn HV battery for 8 days. Give me a break!!!! 😂

Edit: and I would argue you've been on more than me over the past few weeks (certainly typed more words!!!!)

Almost 54 weeks since I placed my original Plaid (+) order.

The starting window of my EDD is 10/7. So, 10/4, almost midnight and no VIN.....What's worse?

Driving my son's ICE car...had the unfortunate need to get gas....$50!!
  1. Couldn't remember what side of the damn car the tank opening was (yes, I remembered to look at the arrow......eventually)
  2. Forgot I had to pick what hideous grade of crude I wanted
  3. Stood there pushing the top of the nozzle but the gas door would not open
  4. Walked away not engaging the lock to continue pumping
  5. Started to drive away with the cap dangling and the door open

Ok. So 3 and 4 didn't happen. But it seemed like it could have.
Did you get rained on whilst pumping that crude?

Are our plaids using vision only or radar and vision still?
🤷‍♂️

My *guess* is vision-only, based on a couple of things:
  • When AutoPark was working, it was able to park without needing other cars to bracket the space, which was kinda cooling and added some excitement to the process
  • When using AP, the car still seems to struggle with the appropriate following distance and you still cannot set following distance from the steering wheel, which makes me think they are still validating that
BTW, quick video of the AutoPark if you have not seen it in action: