Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was supposed to be all repaired today. They pushed it another week. I punted on this VIN and told my SA I’ll wait for another car. This $130,000 car has been out of the factory for months just sitting in the body shop awaiting parts. I’d rather wait for a “new” Plaid that has just rolled off the assembly line, defect-free.

Have any of you declined a delivery of your Plaid/LR refresh? If so, how long until a new VIN was assigned. My VIN is now blank but shows delivery in a week (yeah right).
Good move, @emailforbrett ... Too bad you didn't reject the reject two weeks ago, you might have gotten a new VIN by now, due to EOQ push. Keep us current, please!

This you?
You are the one who said Plaid users are "fighting hard" to convince others when in reality it is you who keeps on making posts on this topic. Most of the posts on this are by you where you are either joking about LR being a better value or stating the reasons why you made the choice of getting LR over Plaid due to your specific circumstances. Nobody cares! I wouldn't have cared even if you had a Plaid on order.
Just enjoy what you got and live with the choice you made. No need to argue over petty crap.
No, I am not interested in talking about your comments anymore and no, I did not assign meaning to your comments. I am not the only one who perceived your comments as such, you have had multiple people call you out on this and the fact that it does not register to you is your problem not mine.
Like I stated before I couldn't care less about the reasons why anyone else, including you, picked the car they picked. If it works for you, good for you. That's all that matters
There is just no getting through to you about how off base you are with your assessment of me. I also like how you cherry picked your bold again, ignoring the first part of that sentence.

Maybe when you quote me, you should read what I was responding to:

Maybe Tesla didn’t pull that price difference out of their arse and it’s actually based on market value. 🤔
You see, when the price difference was 50K, people talked about how that makes sense. Then it went back to 40k, and that also made sense. My comment was based on how people will justify anything to fit their narrative. It was a snarky joke about the market value.

Just like when several of us were complaining about how bad the audio was, and a bunch of people chimed in about how it already sounds perfect to them.

And then Tesla added a Subwoofer.

And then Tesla added adaptive audio.

But the sound was already perfect...

Stop assigning meaning to my comments. Just stop. You lack an ability to identify sarcasm, among other comprehension deficiencies.

Ah, jealousy is such a difficult emotion for one to deal with, huh? Instead of being jealous and having regrets making a decision (what you now perceive as a poor persdonal decision), why not take action to correct it?

It seems like these brand new "refresh" MS LRs probably hold their value quite well in today's market, so I bet a new MS LR owner could privately sell (or even sell to a local auto dealer) their 2021 MS LR with a minimal hit. Then, place an order for a new MS Plaid alreday in Tesla inventory, and voila...get yourself what you really wanted (although perhaps $40k more or whatever), but at least now, you can stop bitching to all of us on this "Tesla Refresh Model S Ordering/Production/Delivery" thread and perhaps move on to other TMC threads, talking up how great your new MS Plaid is, how crazy, unbelievably quick this machine is (and how you blow away every single other car on the road), and how much fun you're having driving it, and how much you love it! ;) 🤔🤣
I’m still waiting for someone to beat me, and I only have an LR 😅😅

Anyone else have buyers remorse after their purchase? I’ve never purchased something so expensive(besides a house) or a new car before. Like I’ve been wanting a Tesla for like 6 years and should be arriving this coming Saturday but I can’t help but feel so guilty that my anxiety has been a problem.
Maybe I’m just overthinking lol
Hell no, just walked my buddies McLaren 730 and alpha 10 R8 TT they were both like WTF I said that's why I love this car bang for the buck!

Line up next to a GT-R, Porsche 911 T, Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, MB AMG, BMW M5/M6, Audi RS5/6, R8 or similar...and you're bound to have a decent race. But yeah, a high 10-sec 1/4 mi / 3.1 sec 0-60mph car isn't easy to beat for 95% of what's on the road today! :cool: 👍

Line up next to a GT-R, Porsche 911 T, Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, MB AMG, BMW M5/M6, Audi RS5/6, R8 or similar...and you're bound to have a decent race. But yeah, a high 10-sec 1/4 mi / 3.1 sec 0-60mph car isn't easy to beat for 95% of what's on the road today! :cool: 👍
Yea and I don’t see a lot of the above mentioned, also when I do see something good they never seem to want to go 😅

That's actually really good to hear.

I couldn't order the 21" wheels, due to what passes for "roads" where I live; 21's would get destroyed in short order here. 19's are even pushing it a bit.

I really don't mind the look of the 19's, but could certainly see that some people wouldn't care for them.

As to the aero caps, OMG they're ugly IMO, but I'll use them when driving to work (131.6 miles, not that I've ever measured...) hopefully, they aren't too bad to put on/take off, as I'd like to keep them off for "around the town" driving.
@Phlier I like the 19s, for many reasons! Enjoy, once you get Plaid in hand! I just dumped the 21s on the MYP for a set of 19" Geminis - Love those also!

Geminis.jpg

There is just no getting through to you about how off base you are with your assessment of me. I also like how you cherry picked your bold again, ignoring the first part of that sentence.

Maybe when you quote me, you should read what I was responding to:

You see, when the price difference was 50K, people talked about how that makes sense. Then it went back to 40k, and that also made sense. My comment was based on how people will justify anything to fit their narrative. It was a snarky joke about the market value.

Just like when several of us were complaining about how bad the audio was, and a bunch of people chimed in about how it already sounds perfect to them.

And then Tesla added a Subwoofer.

And then Tesla added adaptive audio.

But the sound was already perfect...

Stop assigning meaning to my comments. Just stop. You lack an ability to identify sarcasm, among other comprehension deficiencies.
You are trying really hard to sound smart and be right. Take this L with you and move along. 🤣🤣

Anyone else have buyers remorse after their purchase? I’ve never purchased something so expensive(besides a house) or a new car before. Like I’ve been wanting a Tesla for like 6 years and should be arriving this coming Saturday but I can’t help but feel so guilty that my anxiety has been a problem.
Maybe I’m just overthinking lol
My friend, I totally understand...

I told me wife nearly exactly what you posted... I'm concerned, anxious, feeling guilty, etc. Her response: "Honey, for 27 years, I've watched you struggle to get your career going, work endless hours, with months at a time away from home. I've watched you sacrifice everything you wanted in order to provide for your family. You've supported me and our two kids better than a wife could ever ask a husband to do. It's time you rewarded yourself for a job well done. Get the car, and enjoy every second of it. Don't feel bad, guilty or anxious. You've done your job for me and our family. I want you to get that car and enjoy every minute of it. Oh, and I want you to take me to a drive in theater after we get the car. And make out. A lot."

Life is short. Do something that makes you happy, even if it means you have to stretch a bit to do it. Yeah, "Life is short" gets used a lot, but often time people don't really realize how much that really applies; I've had several friends have their lives cut short recently and unexpectedly. Buy the car. Eat your desert. Be happy. Gawd knows you deserve it.

Chances are, you're the typical American man that has worked his whole life to support his family and has never bothered to pat himself on the back a bit for it.

Pat your back, man... you've done good.

Oh, and post pics of your new ride. :D

Last edited:

I told me wife nearly exactly what you posted... I'm concerned, anxious, feeling guilty, etc. Her response: "Honey, for 27 years, I've watched you struggle to get your career going, work endless hours, with months at a time away from home. I've watched you sacrifice everything you wanted in order to provide for your family. You've supported me and our two kids better than a wife could ever ask a husband to do. It's time you rewarded yourself for a job well done. Get the car, and enjoy every second of it. Don't feel bad, guilty or anxious. You've done your job for me and our family. I want you to get that car and enjoy every minute of it. Oh, and I want you to take me to a drive in theater after we get the car. And make out. A lot."

Life is short. Do something that makes you happy, even if it means you have to stretch a bit to do it. Yeah, "Life is short" gets used a lot, but often time people don't really realize how much that really applies; I've had several friends have their lives cut short recently and unexpectedly. Buy the car. Eat your desert. Be happy. Gawd knows you deserve it.

Chances are, you're the typical American man that has worked his whole life to support his family and has never bothered to pat himself on the back a bit for it.

THANK YOU
This is what I’ve needed. When I ordered the car I said “Life is short. You never know what is going to happen so just do it and enjoy anything and everything while you can”.
Then the date came closer and I started to feel what you said too.
Then as the date is getting closer I said “I will be fine and I deserve this. I only live once”.

i will post pictures this Saturday!!

I'll head over there someday if mine comes and we can throw down. Your 21s against my 19s. It should be close, I'll have about 300lbs of Pings in the back, I figure for better grip.

Is it grip or traction? I don't know, but it sounds like a hoot regardless.

....said no wife ever.

I kid. I should have said ....said no first wife ever....

nono, i kid again. she sounds wonderful. congratulations on winning, well, life. :D