Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the original orders of Plaid all had carbon fiber interiors, it looks like new orders with wood are being given priority based on supply chain issues. Am I the only one that thinks this is wrong? Tesla should at least contact the original Plaid reservation holders and give them the chance to change to wood. How hard would it be to modify the order page for original Plaid orders to allow changes on the interior?

Let people know they could get their car faster if they were willing to modify interior color and/or trim. Why give preferential treatment to people that ordered two weeks ago? I always knew this idea of a FIFO line didn’t exist, but this is ridiculous!

Tesla is good at one and only one thing: designing cars.

Since the original orders of Plaid all had carbon fiber interiors, it looks like new orders with wood are being given priority based on supply chain issues. Am I the only one that thinks this is wrong? Tesla should at least contact the original Plaid reservation holders and give them the chance to change to wood. How hard would it be to modify the order page for original Plaid orders to allow changes on the interior?

Let people know they could get their car faster if they were willing to modify interior color and/or trim. Why give preferential treatment to people that ordered two weeks ago? I always knew this idea of a FIFO line didn’t exist, but this is ridiculous!
You’re right but someone pointed out yesterday that any changes will default to the new ‘higher’ price.

Reactions: HumanInput
You can’t connect via usb? So there is no way to listen to high quality music?
in older model 3 the sentry mode usb plug was in center storage. You could connect a 500gb ssd and have it partitioned so that part of it could be for music and the other for sentry. There is a detailed thread somewhere on model 3 forum about it. I cant really link it myself now since im on mobile and also new model 3 and s have moved the usb for sentry to glovebox. Im not sure if you can use other usb ports or you have to use the one for sentry mode.

• Helpful
Reactions: eipi10

Just wait till you hear about how they're treating the Plaid+ reservation holders.

As an ‘18 M3 driver, I think autopilot/FSD is good overall, but having to touch the steering wheel on the freeway in a specific way a few times/minute is definitely the biggest downside. Has this been improved at all?

It pretty much works the same except you use the right thumbwheel to engage instead of a stalk. There is a SW option to set one click for TACC and double-click for AP. When in AP, there does not seem to be a way to set following distance. Still the steering wheel nag. While there is an internal camera, they are not using it yet.

It pretty much works the same except you use the right thumbwheel to engage instead of a stalk. There is a SW option to set one click for TACC and double-click for AP. When in AP, there does not seem to be a way to set following distance. Still the steering wheel nag. While there is an internal camera, they are not using it yet.
Thank you for all you’ve done for the forum. You’ve been very helpful.
I’ve learned a lot in the past couple days. Most important, I probably want an attachment for the yoke and I’m in love with the new interior.

LR Update! March -> August -> June 1-31 -> August -> June 22-30 -> June 21-30 -> Blank -> June -> June 21-30 -> JUNE -> NOW blank as of this morning.

June held from about two days before the event.
I’ve not been plagued with varying delivery dates, having had a solid blank 7 weeks running. No emotional rollercoaster for me - only a sign on the door which says “abandon hope all ye who enter”.

I’ve not been plagued with varying delivery dates, having had a solid blank 7 weeks running. No emotional rollercoaster for me - only a sign on the door which says “abandon hope all ye who enter”.

Actually, I think that was a line on the purchase agreement you had to sign: "Do you agree to abandon all hope upon entering?_________"