Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1623165451307.png

Getting track ready for Plaid reveal party!! Tesla Fremont Flyover post on twitter

You’re right.., however, since they made the change prior to the start of deliveries, I’m guessing Tesla will offer the black caps to those that want black. If not, then it’s not a big issue to take off the silver caps and have them powder coated.

What you're seeing is what Telsa planned vs what the updated reality is of the production vehicle months later followed by slow website updates.

Whatever you see on the site today is closer to what will be shipped, Tesla isn't going to make two sets of wheels and hub caps.

Strongly suspect all those cars sitting in the lot are going to ship as-is with those silver tempest wheels…I mentioned before you cannot just swap the hub cap, have to swap the whole wheel or powder coat it = $$$
Agreed. I can't see them running hundreds of wheel changes. IF they are actually switching to a darker color, I think it'll be just that...used to be silver and now they're dark.

Has any one of you gotten any first-hand or independent information that the wheel colors have actually changed or that the calipers on the Plaid are not red? Is there a single photograph of darker wheels or wheel covers? There have been at least 200 posts speculating, complaining about and even loving this perceived change, all seemingly based upon internet imaging. I am assuming if you have the $$$ to buy this car you have the brains to consider this is just imaging problems. Seriously... I know you want your cars (as do I) but we are now about 700 pages since the refresh was announced in January, and other than the fact we know two people are getting their cars, Tesla has not announced a single additional fact about the car since January.

Carry on.....

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Drew-MS and Tigers
You’re right.., however, since they made the change prior to the start of deliveries, I’m guessing Tesla will offer the black caps to those that want black. If not, then it’s not a big issue to take off the silver caps and have them powder coated.
Now that I’ve seen how good the car looks with black, that’s the first thing I would do.
As pointed out a few times, the wheel cover doesn’t cover the outer lip. The whole wheel needs to be replaced or there will be a silver band.

Reactions: T-Racer and Drew-MS
I honestly think the dates are bouncing around so everyone gets a turn with a good date. This gives you hope and keeps you interested. Then, right when you actually have some sense of confidence... BAM, date goes away...
GrnSqrl said:
Why mess with us though? Why not keep it blank until there’s a real date that can be met? June 21-30 was a pretty specific and narrow window. How can we be in and then out? In the end it doesn’t really matter, but it is annoying. If I weren’t actually buying the vehicle it would (probably) be funny.

Exactly! Tesla knows everyone is getting fed up and a lot of people might be considering other options. Then they throw you a bone with a narrowed one week delivery window. The narrow date range really makes you feel like it is based on some real information and you are special because not everyone has a narrow window. Then take it away, give it to someone else, rinse and repeat. Keeps everyone hanging onto the rope.

Last edited:
Reactions: gadelrosario
Now that I’ve seen how good the car looks with black, that’s the first thing I would do.

They'll probably put on the silver caps until they literally run out, then swap over. Probably SCs will deal with those that have an issue with the cap they got if got silver and want black... That is how Tesla operates.

• Disagree
Reactions: foos and lbowroom
Delivery went from JUNE to blank again. Of course I just met with someone who wants to buy my current car because I really thought it was happening this time. Tesla should be ashamed of themselves....really.
With all due respect, you shouldn't be meeting with anyone about selling your car until you have a Vin assigned. Same with financing. This has been rehashed in the previous 1600 pages on this post. At this point, it's frankly your own fault if you do anything different than wait for a VIN assignment.

Someone with a November 2020 order posted that the space for Estimated Delivery is blank. Anyone else who ordered October or November have a date or even the words Estimated Delivery?
I have also noticed for a couple hours when I log in, do not refresh I’m getting logged out in minutes. Anyone else?

Last edited:
As pointed out a few times, the wheel cover doesn’t cover the outer lip. The whole wheel needs to be replaced or there will be a silver band.
Okay, you might be correct.
Has any one of you gotten any first-hand or independent information that the wheel colors have actually changed or that the calipers on the Plaid are not red? Is there a single photograph of darker wheels or wheel covers? There have been at least 200 posts speculating, complaining about and even loving this perceived change, all seemingly based upon internet imaging. I am assuming if you have the $$$ to buy this car you have the brains to consider this is just imaging problems. Seriously... I know you want your cars (as do I) but we are now about 700 pages since the refresh was announced in January, and other than the fact we know two people are getting their cars, Tesla has not announced a single additional fact about the car since January.

Carry on.....
This is a pic of the car in my account. The evidence is strong.

Attachments

• 51966DB8-7F47-4DC2-B808-E506E777A199.png
    51966DB8-7F47-4DC2-B808-E506E777A199.png
    909.9 KB · Views: 61