Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The model S holding lot in Fremont.

Attachments

• Photo_6553734_DJI_134_jpg_4301189_0_2021661154_photo_original.jpg
    Photo_6553734_DJI_134_jpg_4301189_0_2021661154_photo_original.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 91
Plaid perforated ventilated seats with the contrast “piping” near the stitching. Looks nice. Wonder why they went with that as opposed to just a black contrast stitching? Either way, looks good.

I've always preferred piping to stitching when going with contrast. If the stitching ever loosens - something you wouldn't expect at this price point, but I've heard plenty of QA issues - the stitching doesn't look frayed and off.

But agree that it looks good either way.

Reactions: sflgator
Plaid perforated ventilated seats with the contrast “piping” near the stitching. Looks nice. Wonder why they went with that as opposed to just a black contrast stitching? Either way, looks good.
I think the contrast piping can look nice, but in this particular shot the stitching quality looks terrible. I know this is an early Model X test mule, but for the price of a Plaid I fully expect the seats to look like they were stitched by someone that was sober. This looks like the upholstery shop employee had way too many vodka shots with their morning OJ.

Please keep the piping straight on the production versions!

8D448C9B-D150-4A13-A2B4-0E7860A96972.jpeg

Last edited:
Assume since Plaid buyers are getting invitations that it’s not open to the public?
It is invite only, but there should be a live stream -- I will try posting from the event if there is interesting stuff going on before the livestream

So, obviously, you're taking one of us delightful TMC forum members as your +1 to the event, right? ;)
Well, I have to borrow my wife's X too get that (y'know, no car since January), so she sorta has dibs :)

Was Fremont your original delivery center?
No, Rocklin (near Sacramento)

It is invite only, but there should be a live stream -- I will try posting from the event if there is interesting stuff going on before the livestream

Well, I have to borrow my wife's X too get that (y'know, no car since January), so she sorta has dibs :)

Does getting an invite mean you get to pickup your car at the event?

Reactions: Zee9 and GrnSqrl

Woah! Crazy, I am as well. I figured only Fremont. I’ll hold out hope 🤞

Reactions: HumanInput
The biggest aspect to the pricing for me was distance to main panel. The materials were the main cost driver. I basically figured out that part of it to negotiate best pricing.
Think of it as an upgrade. My wall charger charges at 40 MPH. if I sell the house the wiring for an EV is in. remember, by law Everyone will be buying EV by 2030.🤣🤣

Reactions: T-Racer
I cannot believe what little faith some of you have in Elon pulling off the event on Thursday. You act as if he has announced something and then not make it happen. Come on...

Quoting this wise post about the event taking place. Now we have the time, place, and someone who has been invited.