Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P1937 has VIN 5YJSA1DP9CFP01919. Delivery window to Texas is Dec 15-28. Trying to get it by Christmas to show the extended family!
Got my insurance squared away. Blue Perf, Pano, Grey, Obeche Matte, Tech, Sound, Twin Chargers, 7 seats.....

As much as I wish I had a VIN so I could get insurance sorted out, I really wish Delivery would just send out the wire/payment details, so I can get that out of the way. I have no doubt that I will get a call when I am out on a business trip saying I need to get the payment done before my car can be loaded onto a truck...send me the info, I am ready to pay now, already!

Received a delivery window of 12/11 - 12/25 email yesterday. Today I received an email that I could pick up the car at the San Diego Service Center on 12/30. Unfortunately I am out of the country from 12/27 - 1/6. So I'll pick it up on 1/7.
Blue Performance, Pano, Spoiler, 21" Grey Wheels, Grey Interior, Carbon Fiber Décor, 85 kWh Battery, Tech Package, Sound Studio Package, Active Air Suspension, Parcel Shelf, Twin Chargers, High Power Wall Connector

Gjacobs, good to see more San Diego folks on here. What part of the county are you in? Also, what is your reservation #?

Your config is real close to mine, except for interior color...

-Mike

Received a delivery window of 12/11 - 12/25 email yesterday. Today I received an email that I could pick up the car at the San Diego Service Center on 12/30. Unfortunately I am out of the country from 12/27 - 1/6. So I'll pick it up on 1/7.
Blue Performance, Pano, Spoiler, 21" Grey Wheels, Grey Interior, Carbon Fiber Décor, 85 kWh Battery, Tech Package, Sound Studio Package, Active Air Suspension, Parcel Shelf, Twin Chargers, High Power Wall Connector

Gjacobs, good to see more San Diego folks on here. What part of the county are you in? Also, what is your reservation #?

Your config is real close to mine, except for interior color...

-Mike

I'm also in San Diego with a very similar configuration. Tan interior, otherwise the same. Would be an interesting picture to have 3 Blue Performance lined up with three different color interiors. If P#1817 got a delivery date of 12/30, I'm not sure how they plan to keep my delivery range of 12/15-12/31 for P#5513. Perhaps we are all in the same batch/delivery to San Diego. I spoke to Tesla yesterday and they indicated that I'm likely at the very end of the month.

I drove by the San Diego Service Center on the way in to work today. They had the newer Tesla delivery trailer attached to a truck. Otherwise no Tesla vehicles in sight.

-Kit

Picked up P983, VIN 1527 today at 11:00 a.m. at the Service Center in Seattle. Pearl White Performance, Pano Roof, tan interior with lacewood, sound package, tech package, 19" wheels, no spoiler, big grin.
Nice! Congrats. Posted VINs are getting close to 2500 and there are hundreds of people with mid - late December delivery windows. The highest VIN I've seen posted here is 650# higher than mine and I still have just a "window", not any actual contact with the DS. @DouglasR - How long before your actual scheduled delivery/pickup date were you contacted by the DS or did you reach out? Thanks!

Eleven Model Ses waiting to be delivered in the Tampa area. Photo was taken in front of the future Service Center in Tampa, FL. Thank you Mark LaPlant for providing these great shots.
Tampa 2.jpg
Tampa.jpg

^ I'm cringing each time I see a pic where the front lower lip sticks out over a curb/parking stop given what we've heard from stevezzzz about auto-lowering of the air suspension after a while (90 minutes?).
I guess we'll need another user-setting option... Auto-lower? Y/N. Wait a minute... Mine could be one of those cars! I can't tell from the photo angles. 3rd one in, bottom pic???

^ I'm cringing each time I see a pic where the front lower lip sticks out over a curb/parking stop given what we've heard from stevezzzz about auto-lowering of the air suspension after a while (90 minutes?).

I am probably at 90+% where I back into parking spaces now. It makes it much easier to pull out, and I don't have to worry about the curb or hitting anything in front of the parking space (bushes or whatever). I have to do it every night when I pull into my driveway, so I've gotten pretty good at it. I was inspired by the detailer at the Dania store who was backing the cars up right next to each other (within a couple of inches) without any hesitation as he was finishing work on the cars to be delivered. It eliminates this problem completely.

I am probably at 90+% where I back into parking spaces now. It makes it much easier to pull out, and I don't have to worry about the curb or hitting anything in front of the parking space (bushes or whatever). I have to do it every night when I pull into my driveway, so I've gotten pretty good at it. I was inspired by the detailer at the Dania store who was backing the cars up right next to each other (within a couple of inches) without any hesitation as he was finishing work on the cars to be delivered. It eliminates this problem completely.

+1 to backing in. It seems hard when you never do it. But give it a couple dozen tries and it is just as easy as pulling in with the front.

I back in when parking at work and home. And can easily park backing in when it is to my passenger's side (same side as parallel parking). Parking backing in on my driver's side is something I rarely do, so it isn't at 'full speed' but isn't really all that hard.

VIN 1536 is delivered! Reservation sequence 1635; 85kWh non-performance, green, tan, lacewood, 19" wheels, everything else but the parcel shelf and jump seats. She's charging up (only 9 miles of range when she was unloaded). KNOCK DEAD gorgeous color -- exactly what I wanted (no, I hadn't seen a green Model S until now).

My DS, Andrew Clark, was great. Thanks, Andrew!