Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery - Incompetence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the process, at least trying, to trade in my 2018 S for a 2023 S. The sales experience has got to be one of the worst I've ever had. No one answers the National Sales # (888 518-3752) and no one responds to txts (510 369-1239). Completely unresponsive. Finally got a call this morning (2 hours before I'm supposed to leave the house to pick up the car). The new S has a dead battery and has to be towed to the dealership and is not available for pickup until later this week. Frankly this is ridiculous. They have had over a week to prepare the car and did nothing. Don't get me wrong, I love my S, but their sales process needs to be overhauled.

I'm in the process, at least trying, to trade in my 2018 S for a 2023 S. The sales experience has got to be one of the worst I've ever had. No one answers the National Sales # (888 518-3752) and no one responds to txts (510 369-1239). Completely unresponsive. Finally got a call this morning (2 hours before I'm supposed to leave the house to pick up the car). The new S has a dead battery and has to be towed to the dealership and is not available for pickup until later this week. Frankly this is ridiculous. They have had over a week to prepare the car and did nothing. Don't get me wrong, I love my S, but their sales process needs to be overhauled.
I can relate to your experience. We went through a similar ordeal when purchasing our Model X and then the Model S Plaid. The communication and responsiveness from Tesla's sales team were not up to the mark we expected. It’s baffling to experience such a gap in customer service, especially when investing in a premium product like a Tesla. I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment about the sales process needing an overhaul. The product itself is undoubtedly top-tier, but the buying experience should mirror that level of excellence. Here's hoping they take our feedback seriously and improve the process for future customers.