Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Celebrities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was quick!

CDSxyX7W8AAUaV-.jpg

"For he so loved the Lakers that he traded his only begotten Son..." -- doth quote My Dad from the Great Beyond...

Vlade Divac started with the Memphis Grizzlies, where was drafted by Jerry West. Upon seeing how his old team, the Los Angeles Lakers, were struggling, the old man contacted them and made a deal. If not for Vlade, Kobe Bryant would have languished in loserdome the rest of his career.

"For he so loved the Lakers that he traded his only begotten Son..." -- doth quote My Dad from the Great Beyond...

Vlade Divac started with the Memphis Grizzlies, where was drafted by Jerry West. Upon seeing how his old team, the Los Angeles Lakers, were struggling, the old man contacted them and made a deal. If not for Vlade, Kobe Bryant would have languished in loserdome the rest of his career.

Jerry West drafted Vlade Divac in 1989 for the Lakers where he joined Magic Johnson.

Vlade never played in Memphis. He played two years in Charlotte starting in 1996.

Jerry West traded Vlade for the draft rights to Kobe Bryant.

By the time Kobe got to LA Shaq was already there. Vlade came back to LA in 2004 but only played 15 games due to back problems. Those 15 games where the only ones he played with Kobe.

And Kobe won 2 titles without Shaq. Or Vlade for the matter.

I see Sacramento hired Vlade last month as Vice President of Basketball and Franchise Operations.

Functionally, I think he will be lead European Scout and General Goodwill Ambassador. Kings fans love Vlade.

True story. When I was a young lad I worked for a cigar shop in Santa Monica for two years. I sold Vlade cigars on more than one occasion.

Last edited:
I saw a famous movie star in a Roadster a few weeks back. Gave him a nod and a smile; he was just checking emails, eating a bagel, sitting in the shade in shorts & ratty t-shirt on Saturday. WTF wants to be bothered all the time? They're just people trying to live their life.

The biggest comic in the country has two daughters at our school. Everyone ignores him. As it should be.

Kate Hudson

And Jim Carrey drives a Tesla; says it @ 4:57 mark.

[video]http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/jim-carrey-jim-carrey-we-love-breathing-what-youre-burning-baby[/video]

Yeah, if I'm Acura I can't be too thrilled about the Tesla shout-out--with a Tesla photobomb no less. They even named the ep after that exchange.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a handful of megastars that will get followed wherever they go.

If you don't want to be pursued in that way don't pursue being a megastar.

For most celebrities American paparazzi hangout in certain neighborhoods of LA and NY and certain nightclubs/restaurants known for having celebrity clientele.

If you are a celebrity that is not on the Tom Cruise/Madonna level and you don't want to be photographed then don't hangout in those specific places.

Ever wounder why certain actors don't live in W. Los Angeles or Manhattan and are never on TMZ type shows?