Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buyer beware California Model S 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm. Where do you get possible salvage auction sale?

IMG_0583.png

If its correct in this case then thats great
i'm just saying i ran into some websites that show random data but when u purchase report its different...

Ok, that’s good to know.

I think the other, independent report, that already corroborates the fact that the seller is not the “original owner” is enough of a red flag to start doing some ‘guilt by association’.

Reactions: brainhouston
Uh, if you scroll down, there is a link to Experion Autocheck report. It shows 2 owner, accident record in 2016. Is this for sale by owner? Why would there be a free report associated. Is it provided by autotrader?
not sure about autotrader but some sellers include full report, which is great
i was referring to when u just google VIN on any paid sites before actually paying, they tell u some limited info, like a summary which is often incorrect...

not sure about autotrader but some sellers include full report, which is great
i was referring to when u just google VIN on any paid sites before actually paying, they tell u some limited info, like a summary which is often incorrect...
The report is usually provided by the dealer. They have business subscription with Carfax or similar. I think all name brand dealers provide reports. Only shady dealers not provide reports. I never see private sellers provide reports. You have to pay for it yourself.

This listing is funny, full of lies in the summary contradicting the Autocheck report linked right below.

Reactions: brainhouston
The report is usually provided by the dealer. They have business subscription with Carfax or similar. I think all name brand dealers provide reports. Only shady dealers not provide reports. I never see private sellers provide reports. You have to pay for it yourself.

This listing is funny, full of lies in the summary contradicting the Autocheck report linked right below.

Autotrader pays for the report as part of their private sale marketplace.

It is very telling that the seller claims to be the original owner, yet there are two owners listed in the report. To me, that is enough guilt by association to believe the independent report that shows the wrecked car at a salvage auction. Hence my buyer beware.