Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla purchase turning sour.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm saying that the car is rated for going 208 miles and C&D found the range as 164 miles when new. So my car is also rated for 208 miles but instead of going 164 miles will go 140 miles 10 years later.
That's not how it works. The car displays current rated miles based on the current capacity of the battery. The only way to find actual miles is by driving it from full to empty.

Reactions: ucmndd
Come on. If it lasts that long Tesla would give you a battery warranty for 20 years/half million miles.

The reason there's no such warranty is because the battery can't last that long. Just that simple.

Auction is not a good place if you want warranty for your car.
That's not the way a maker figures out warranty period. First, there are legal mandates, after that there market pressure to meet or exceed the competition, but the ACTUAL lifetime of a competent rarely comes into it, except when it falls below the warranty period or if there are systemic failures that may trigger a recall.

People understand the battery is expensive to replace .. the warranty is (partly) computed to give peace of mind. It's nothing to do with how long an average battery lasts. A car outside warranty starts generating revenue for the maker, so there is an incentive to keep them shorter regardless of the longevity of the part.

What do you mean by watch? I've been online since the 90's. Have joined at least 500 forums if not closer to 1000. I never get an email notification unless it's a thread I've posted in or created. And only one email notification at a time until I go to that post. i.e. If I don't go to that post I don't get any further notifications. There may be 20 more replies but I don't get 20 more emails about it, just one until I visit the post.
hit the "watch" button at the right top of any thread
pop up will be:

1714263755418.png

default is NO email, which is fine by most ppl
default is the same if u reply to any thread but it'll auto 'watch' it for u