Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, I might've spoken too soon about the dash cam - it stopped working when flash drive got full..
Disclaimer: it is a small, old 1GB usb.
However, it seems to record a good 1/2 hour of videos perfectly fine until it fills up. I'll certainly get a larger drive soon, but don't feel the need unless the feature is definitely fixed.

Quote from Tesla website, need at least 2GB drive.

"Tap the icon to save a 10-minute video clip or press and hold to pause recording. Recordings not downloaded after an hour will be deleted. Be sure you have sufficient space on your flash drive to allow for saving (each minute of video recorded uses approximately 30 MB; the 1-hour circular buffer requires ~1.8 GB of free space)."

• Informative
Reactions: Relayer
I got 42.2 last week, and 42.4 today.

Release notes are the same as those that display w 42.2.

I had cameras calibrating between 95-97% on 42.2.... hopefully 42.4 addresses this.

Things i noted in 42.2

* Summons works about 90% of the time now (vs. 10% of the time with pre 42.2)
* Seemed like the display would need to boot up w/ Tesla logo every time i got into the car (ie. screen would not come on immediately after opening doors.

Checkin camera calibration on 42.4 to see if i can turn on Navigate on Auto-pilot -- calibration now down to 95%

I got 42.2 last week, and 42.4 today.

Release notes are the same as those that display w 42.2.

I had cameras calibrating between 95-97% on 42.2.... hopefully 42.4 addresses this.

Things i noted in 42.2

* Summons works about 90% of the time now (vs. 10% of the time with pre 42.2)
* Seemed like the display would need to boot up w/ Tesla logo every time i got into the car (ie. screen would not come on immediately after opening doors.

Checkin camera calibration on 42.4 to see if i can turn on Navigate on Auto-pilot -- calibration now down to 95%

My cameras were also stuck calibrating between 95-96% as well on 42.2 the past 2 days. Just received notification of updated to 42.4, I'll be driving tomorrow to see if calibration is completed so I can use NOA.

Honestly, I hope there is never a "Check for updates" button. Imagine 10s of thousands of Tesla owners frantically pressing and pressing and pressing once word of a new firmware update is released...

I'm sure they could implement it similarly to how Apple does it. On an iPhone when you select the button to install an update, it will read "Update Requested" for a period of time to allow them to manage the traffic surge.

Quote from Tesla website, need at least 2GB drive.

"Tap the icon to save a 10-minute video clip or press and hold to pause recording. Recordings not downloaded after an hour will be deleted. Be sure you have sufficient space on your flash drive to allow for saving (each minute of video recorded uses approximately 30 MB; the 1-hour circular buffer requires ~1.8 GB of free space)."
DO you know why my dash cam disappears after the car is parked? The icon works when the usb is installed, when I go back to the car, no icon. Help?

Happened to catch the update downloading to my 3 on Google WiFi. A little less than 10 minutes later and I just got a notification of a software update.

F720ED5B-DF63-4E7C-96DC-7F62871F13D2.jpeg

Getting the latest update now (was on 42.2). One thing I noticed on the last one was the app didn't report scheduled charging properly. It would say, "Charging Stopped". Previously, it said it was scheduled and you had options to change it or start now. Hope that is fixed in this release to report it properly, but that may be on the app side. Guess we'll see!

Ughh, this latest update failed.

Now my car says to Call Tesla at my convenience.

But, Tesla doesn't have an option for a failed update.

It's not a roadside emergency
It's not a question about a car feature

I just need them to resend the update.

Anyone else get a failed update with either 42.3 or 42.4. I had 42.2, and it was working fine. It's still technically working with 42.2, but it just as this error message,.

This is the first time in my Tesla owing experience dating back to 2015 that an update has failed.