Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
A Model 3 popped up on TeslaFi this morning with 2018.42.1 installed. Found this screenshot on reddit that has a snippet of the release notes (New Release notes - did not see this posted yet. : teslamotors):

2018.42.1-notes.jpg

This version also supposedly includes Navigate on Autopilot, but you need to confirm lane changes and there is no option to allow it to do lane changes on its own yet.

Some of this was reported by Electrek yesterday: Tesla starts releasing Navigate on Autopilot feature with disappointing caveat, update with UI changes

Last edited:
Very happy they allow adding/deleting key cards now... my car only was delivered with 1, but 2 were in the computer... they sent a ranger out a couple weeks later to give me a new card and add it to the system since it required their special laptop to do it... I asked him to delete the card I never got and he wasn't able to (though thought he should have been able to).

Requiring approval for drive-on-nav to change lanes is super lame though- the car could ALREADY change lanes if I told it to.

I wish I didn't have to hit the brakes at all to stop, but I guess maybe it is better that way, otherwise I might end up rear ending someone when I have to drive an ICE. Once AP can be used everywhere, that will also solve the problem too I suppose.

Reactions: Snow Drift
I'd like to know if the increased regen is a third selectable regen setting option or if they just increased the regen for the standard setting.
I hope they add a third setting. The current standard setting on the AWD is just about perfect for me. I don't want it too strong since I still have to drive gas vehicles from time to time, and adjusting to no regen gets more jarring the stronger the setting that you normally use.