Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Possible Configuration and Options, what will you order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thread, this has been a hot topic of discussion in our household.

I won't require more than a basic battery. However, depending on what my financial situation looks like at the time I may upgrade to better my chances of getting it faster.

I want supercharger access and AP. I'm iffy on AWD. Expensive option that I probably won't really NEED most of the time- RWD is still going to handle sooooo much better than my current car.

Nav/internet, leather seats, blue paint color are nonnegotiable. I don't really think I care about anything else that much. I would love heated seats but I don't want to have to add a whole expensive package to get it.

Nav/internet, leather seats, blue paint color are nonnegotiable. I don't really think I care about anything else that much. I would love heated seats but I don't want to have to add a whole expensive package to get it.

Current owners can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Model S front seats come standard with seat heaters. Back seats require the Cold Weather Package. Obviously, the Model 3 price point may require that things like this are cut out, but until we know for sure, there's still room for hope!

I'm a WRX guy, I don't need too many luxuries. AP would be awesome, but I'm a driver, so not required.
  • Dual Motor
  • 200mi range battery
  • Basic 17-18" rims (I'll go aftermarket)
  • Titanium Metallic or Red Multi-Coat
  • Grey Interior
  • Carbon Fiber trim
  • Glass Roof
  • Navigation
  • SiriusXM
  • Heated Seats

Current owners can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Model S front seats come standard with seat heaters. Back seats require the Cold Weather Package. Obviously, the Model 3 price point may require that things like this are cut out, but until we know for sure, there's still room for hope!

You know, I remember wondering about that when I was clicking around on the model S options. It didn't say specifically that the seats were heated, but there was an option to add heated rear seats. I feel like at this point, all new cars should have heated front seats anyway! My MIL bought a new Ford sedan and it wasn't expensive at all in the grand scheme but had a lot of really nice features that would have been considered luxury several years ago.

On the S and X front headed seats were standard but I doubt that they would be on a Base Model 3. The cold weather option added " vailable subzero weather package with heated rear seats and wiper blade and windshield washer fluid defrosters"

I live in Miami and so if I were to purchase an S (can't budget for it at the moment) I would want it to be RWD and have no need for cold weather package. The only thing I would def want is leather seats...not sure how I feel about AP. I have a small child and not sure if I can bring myself to trusting AP on a road trip to let's say Disney World.

I see I am a distinct minority; perhaps that means I get mine first ;-) ?

200 mile range
Winter package
Nav -- of one sort or another. Plugging in a smart-phone would be fine

NO leather
NO AP (I think it is brilliant and the future, but I live in a rural area where it is irrelevant.)
Don't care about HF audio

SuperCharger access will depend on cost, but I'm a pay_as_you_go kind of guy
In short: excellent mechanics, excellent EV. I'll pass on the expensive gadgets.

I live in Miami and so if I were to purchase an S (can't budget for it at the moment) I would want it to be RWD and have no need for cold weather package. The only thing I would def want is leather seats...not sure how I feel about AP. I have a small child and not sure if I can bring myself to trusting AP on a road trip to let's say Disney World.

I actually have the opposite feeling for you about AP. I live in Orlando but am from Miami and make trips back home frequently. I look FORWARD to making road trips easier. Of course I'd pay more attention once I hit Palm Beach County since South Floridians drive crazy, but AP still makes that drive much more pleasant in theory.

I've had my current car for 16 years and i'm finally taking the plunge with a Model 3. I've delayed getting a car for several years because I haven't been inspired by anything in the 40-45K range. Assuming it's anything like the Model S or X i'm definitely going to love the Model 3. Since i live in Toronto, there's a lot of extras i'll need for my car:

Definite:
AWD (for our winters)
Winter Package (see above)
Auto Pilot
SuperCharging access (hopefully it's already included)
Sunroof

Maybes:
Larger Battery
Metallic Paint (sexy blue)
Leather Seats (brown if it's available)
Bigger Rims (if it's within budget)

10 more sleeps! Cannot Wait to see it

I drive about 40,000 mi/yr, mostly in northern states, so my "musts" are:
- max range battery
- AWD (FWD would be fine by me, but reports indicate that the base drivetrain will be RWD)
- navigation
- cold weather package
- fog lights (it grates me that almost every manufacturer makes this an option)
(I'm assuming supercharging is included)

"Nice-to-haves":
- autopilot
- sunroof
- blue paint job
- better stereo/Sirius
- 80-amp charging (assuming I can add it later; otherwise, I'll add it right away)

"Don't-cares":
- performance options
- fancy rims
- fancy trim

It'll be interesting to how much I can get for about $50k. The tax credit would be really help, but given that I'm in the Midwest, and a Tesla-banning state at that, I'm not holding my breath on getting the car in time. I'm still planning on driving to Cleveland to get in line on the 31st in case I get lucky...

Last edited:
My Must haves include
  • Bigger Batter (More Range)
  • AWD (Much prefer this for winter, currently have AWD)
  • SuperCharger (if not included)
  • AP
  • Cold weather package (heated seats & stearing wheel & windshield wipers)
Some other things I'll consider depending on resulting price of above
  • Biohazard mode (or whatever option has it, if it's available)
  • Towing (but probably not available)
  • Upgraded Audio / Nav
I mostly prefer textile seats, but if forced to upgrade due to some package I would get the fake leather. Base paint color (not sure which) and I'd like to get all chrome blacked out (aftermarket work I guess). I'm kind of hoping for the Model X style but not expecting it.

Overall I'd like to stay under ~55k. This is more than I'd spend for any other car.

FYI - SuperChargers don't use a charger in the car, it's direct DC to the battery pack. So you will get a charger in your car for just about everything else.

Is there somewhere i can read up on this or a detailed post about this. I'm trying to understand the differences between all the chargers onboard vs. the DC charger (i assume supercharging). It's all very confusing and the Tesla website isn't much help. I live in a Condo so for me i don't think i can set up a charger in my place and i want to know what i need for my car to access in public spaces and what options i have.

Status
Not open for further replies.