Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was, but they have it currently priced so it wont be again until they either raise the price of this car, or lower the price of the Long Range AWD. One of those choices makes them more money, one makes them less. I know which one I would bet on them doing.
That's is why I pulled the trigger at $52,999. There was NO way that they would price it any lower. It was only going to go up from there. When I saw that price I was like, wow, hoolyshit and that fed discount... I was so afraid that it would go up in price and just said F it, i'm getting it. Turns out I was right.

I think in a week or two the price is going to increase again.

Last edited:
I love black. But, my experience having a black car ONCE, was enough to deter me from wanting another one if I had other choices. The maintenance is too much for my liking.

100% understand the sentiment.
When black/black is clean tho, nothing comes close, for me.

I have a 2022 Model 3 LR in red and maybe because I've washed it well over the yrs, it ALMOST looks like Ultra Red in certain lights.
I love red, a return to black/black for me was inevitable tho.

Reactions: P-Lo801
I wonder if there is a limit to the number of times you can update the design? I had one color change already and the site says no edits are allowed. Could always contact Tesla for any updates desired but just curious. Maybe this option goes away after a certain period of time.

I wonder if there is a limit to the number of times you can update the design? I had one color change already and the site says no edits are allowed. Could always contact Tesla for any updates desired but just curious. Maybe this option goes away after a certain period of time.
I was under the impression that it said that editing wasn’t allowed as a standard message? Or, at the very least, I never saw it allow me to edit my order on my end… lol…

I got an update today it was showing July 4 - August 15, as it was my previous order of a LR Red/White… Let’s see how many times it will change until I get a VIN
1714402218400.png

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I got an update today it was showing July 4 - August 15, as it was my previous order of a LR Red/White… Let’s see how many times it will change until I get a VIN
View attachment 1042851
I just had a similar update too. About an hour ago it was Jul 4-Aug 15 as well, and now I'm May 4-May 18.
Without a VIN assigned, there's almost zero chance May 4 is real (5 days away). The EDD Monkey randomizer might have just struck again!

View attachment 1042851
I had heard rumors that they were going to deliver the first Model 3 Performance cars to previous LR customers who switched especially ones that had waited a long time for white seats. Makes sense but Tesla doesn't always do what makes sense.

I had heard rumors that they were going to deliver the first Model 3 Performance cars to previous LR customers who switched especially ones that had waited a long time for white seats. Makes sense but Tesla doesn't always do what makes sense.
That would be ideal but I agree they rarely do what makes sense… I order my LR red/white on Jan 13th so hopefully I get it soon

Reactions: mpgxsvcd