Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From an aesthetics standpoint, I truly cannot argue. However, I drove 500 miles yesterday in my X at highway speeds and averaged 299Wh/mi. Efficiency could be stellar on the 3 with the right aerodynamics.
Wow, that seems really high (efficiency.... low Wh/mi number) for an X. Impressive. Is that typical, or were conditions ideal?
Does anybody know what ideal Wh/mi numbers are for the current S?

mqMN7bq.jpg

I blacked out the picture of the white one... I LOVE the S and X with this color scheme (many call it a stormtrooper), so thinking it might be my choice.

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

These new pics of the blue RC are reminding me that front license plates are going to ruin the look of the front of this beautiful car (as they do for most nice cars, IMO).

So yeah...if any CHP officers are on this board and see my future Model 3 without a front plate, please don't pull me over and give me a fix-it ticket. :D
I live in the East Bay, wife and I have never had front plates on our cars for 14 years now and have never once been pulled over.

Reactions: DrivingRockies
mqMN7bq.jpg

I blacked out the picture of the white one... I LOVE the S and X with this color scheme (many call it a stormtrooper), so thinking it might be my choice.

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
I like it, although I would want bigger rims with that combo.
What color interior would you go for? I'm a fan of white exterior / black interior... but that's on cars that don't offer a white interior, so I might be tempted to go white on white

Reactions: T34ME
I like it, although I would want bigger rims with that combo.
What color interior would you go for? I'm a fan of white exterior / black interior... but that's on cars that don't offer a white interior, so I might be tempted to go white on white
I'd probably go white on white, but I haven't seen that combo. I love the white interior on the S/X, but I've only seen it on other colors.

EDIT: Here they are in white with black rims, and I love it!

solid-white-tesla-model-x-20-inch-wheel-tst-gloss-black-4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I am not trying to prove or disprove anything. That picture with its lines was not even my image.

I am just documenting / reporting what my eyes are telling me. :) That image rings true to me.

It is possible my eyes are wrong, but I just can't see the old nose as the same as the new. The new looks much less duckfaced to me - it looks lower, wider, more-Porsche-like than the old prototype one.

My point is the same. Those lines are unreliable and can't be used to determine a change.

I wonder if they changed the center console design.

Because the one shown at the model 3 unveil was epic. Especially the cup holders.

How have i never seen this before?

I thought this center unit seemed pretty solid during the reveal. I hope they don't change it much. I'd probably opt for a wood accent version (not the wood on the blue car's dash!).

EDIT: Ah, ok. Saw the new cupholder picture. Nothing unusual.

Last edited:
Reactions: ikjadoon
I've definitely been in the interior skeptics camp, but it's starting to come together for me a bit. I hadn't noticed the way the column has to dip down away from the driver to even meet up with the dash. That's kind of hard to wrap my head around when I'm used to a column that actually angles up and away from me, and then on top of that there's an instrument cluster, and on top of that there's more dash to shield the instrument cluster, and then you see the road. Hard to tell until I sit in it, but I could see how this design could achieve a feeling of the steering wheel floating in place, and being able to see clearly through and around it without a dash or column in the way. Maybe this is the spaceship feeling he referred to, and not something you can fully appreciate from anywhere but the driver's seat.

"Feels like a spaceship." I don't have a problem with the dash, but I will wrap the wood section with something to match the interior if "wood" is the standard.
Exactly!
It feels like a spaceship because it doesn't have all the clutter, air vents and other sundry crap that modern car designers feel the need to fill the car with. One place to look for all your instruments, rather than some bits here, some bits there etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.