Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd probably go white on white, but I haven't seen that combo. I love the white interior on the S/X, but I've only seen it on other colors.

EDIT: Here they are in white with black rims, and I love it!

solid-white-tesla-model-x-20-inch-wheel-tst-gloss-black-4.jpg
Definitely need the chrome delete on the windows for that look.

Even if it turns out they didn't hit a home run with the organization of the screen elements the UI can and will be improved over time. That is the beauty of over the air updates.

First impressions matter (especially for car reviews).

OTA updates: well, double-edged sword as Tesla is both 1) not so quick at iterating and 2) two steps forward, one step back is common in all software OTAs and the same with Tesla. Have you recently seen the Model S UI subforum?

Model S: User Interface

I'd much rather see a finished UI that gets improved versus something not-quite-done rushed out in the next two months, and weeks/months between feature updates. And, let's be real: they've had, at minimum, over 18 months to design a very well-functioning UI. It should be pretty darn great out of the gate: it's really your only way to interact with the car.

How do we clean the back side of that screen?
And what is the purpose of the section of vent behind the screen?

I just can't see ANY reason why the screen has to be floating? As if Tesla got everything else 100% right and the screen attachment 100% wrong. Unless someone can tell me one reason for having a floating screen vs properly integrating to dash at the same position.

As someone replied already, but to reiterate:

Either you make a big hump in the dash to 'hold' the screen or you raise the entire height of the dash. The latter doesn't fit the "lots of visibility" as seemingly nothing else needs to be as high as the screen (so lots of wasted dash space on the left & right).

For the former idea, the big hump, I think it would look less clean and minimalistic, which is (if you've never read a 2012 Model S review) Tesla's vibe.

For cleaning: I mean, how do you clean the inside of your windshield? Just run a piece of cloth over it.

Reactions: kablammyman
Does anybody know what size wheels are on the Prius? Trying to decide if the 3 wheels here are 17" or 18". They look kind of small on the 3, but way bigger than the Prius wheels

I have a 2012 Prius and the stock rims are 15". 17" rims were available as an option on some models. On the Prius Wagon, 17" are standard. The Prius in the picture is a 2010 - 2011 model.

BTW, Prius guys have done a lot of experimenting with energy efficient tires. The winner (for the Prius) is the Michelin Energy Saver A/S. I replaced my OEM tires with the Michelins 6 months ago and they are super quiet and added about 5% to efficiency.

Last edited:

I just can't see ANY reason why the screen has to be floating? As if Tesla got everything else 100% right and the screen attachment 100% wrong. Unless someone can tell me one reason for having a floating screen vs properly integrating to dash at the same position.

Because it sticks way above the dash. Look at this picture and tell me how to build it in without either having a huge hump on the dash or having the screen way lower:

HRASnhu.jpg

Does anybody know what size wheels are on the Prius? Trying to decide if the 3 wheels here are 17" or 18". They look kind of small on the 3, but way bigger than the Prius wheels

The wheels do look small.. but I think it looks that way due to the large wheel gap.. if the wheel gap was tightened up.. it wouldnt look so small (I also took the liberty of giving the stock wheels some more offset to fill the fender :D)

white lowered with more offset.jpg

• Love
Reactions: T34ME

It seems pretty obvious to me. The screen needs to be that height so that the speedometer is at the right height. So the only way to integrate the screen would be to design a plastic surround with a hump. I'm not convinced this would look better. The other way would be to raise the dash height drastically, but that affects the other elements of the design (reduces the visibility out the window and would affect Tesla's new AC system design).

Last edited:
Reactions: ikjadoon and Jayc
I know it's been said that the charge port will be in the same location as the S:
download.jpg
But I'm struggling to imagine how it opens up in the 3:
tesla3a01-e1493388685149.jpg
The whole side of the 3 tail light looks to be one solid piece versus the charging port of the S. Does it flip upward?

I know it's been said that the charge port will be in the same location as the S:
View attachment 224833
But I'm struggling to imagine how it opens up in the 3:
View attachment 224832
The whole side of the 3 tail light looks to be one solid piece versus the charging port of the S. Does it flip upward?
I'm pretty sure its the same as the S.
The door piece is definitely separate. The original release candidates just had a black piece of plastic there as opposed to this new one with the integrated reflector. Try to find some of the older pictures of the black RC

Reactions: plankeye
Status
Not open for further replies.