Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, totally defaces the car ... (most of us put the stickers on a scrap piece of Xpel, and then (after trimming carefully), attach the Xpel to the wrapped car. Nothing comes close to actually touching paint).

I would use the car pool lane as a single occupant only occasionally. I'm thinking about throwing the permit and stickers in the glove box. My chances of being pulled over for no stickers are about the same as running with no front plate, which are slim. If pulled over for no stickers, I could pull them out and hope for a sympathetic officer to a BS excuse. It's a BIG gamble.

BTW, beautiful car (drool)

Apologies if this was posted elsewhere, but I noticed this official shot from Tesla of the release candidate in their investor relations letter.
347211133-TSLA-Q1-2017-Up-000.jpg

Cool! Now hopefully someone can find the high-res version somewhere so I can have a new wallpaper! This was the highest res I could extract from the PDF.
I thought I had decided on white. Now I'm thinking about blue again. Before the RC's I was thinking Midnight Silver. maybe I'll go back to that once I see one?
Gah, lots of time to decide I guess.

I would use the car pool lane as a single occupant only occasionally. I'm thinking about throwing the permit and stickers in the glove box. My chances of being pulled over for no stickers are about the same as running with no front plate, which are slim. If pulled over for no stickers, I could pull them out and hope for a sympathetic officer to a BS excuse. It's a BIG gamble.
I have done this with both of my cars. I couldn't stomach putting the stickers onto the vehicles, and I rarely find myself needing the HOV lane alone. However, on a recent road trip to San Diego, I found myself driving through LA and opting for the HOV lane without the mounted stickers. I passed a CHP who was monitoring the lane, my stomach dropped, but he never pulled out. Still, I mostly avoid the HOV lane when traffic is only slightly slower in the regular traffic lanes because it makes me anxious.

I have done this with both of my cars. I couldn't stomach putting the stickers onto the vehicles, and I rarely find myself needing the HOV lane alone. However, on a recent road trip to San Diego, I found myself driving through LA and opting for the HOV lane without the mounted stickers. I passed a CHP who was monitoring the lane, my stomach dropped, but he never pulled out. Still, I mostly avoid the HOV lane when traffic is only slightly slower in the regular traffic lanes because it makes me anxious.

This here people is the difference between Americans and the British.

Americans pass CHP's on an HOV lane.

British would probably, say, pass a Bobby on an Oyster lane or somesuch.

The rest of us would just use normal words.

Haha, try getting away with that over here in Germany for more than a day. Not a chance.

I may be wrong of its applicability in the case of front places (that may be more cultural), but I remember reading somewhere the reason why people get away with lack of places in California may be related to some temporary allowance - that in certain situations you can temporarily drive a car without any license plates, waiting for registration or somesuch. (Steve Jobs infamously used this loophole all the time.) And because police don't know if that situation applies to you or not, they don't immediately pull you over for it...

Same with a Tesla and HOV stickers. Since police know you are allowed even just by looking at the car's logo, they may not even look for the stickers as much...

This here people is the difference between Americans and the British.

Americans pass CHP's on an HOV lane.

British would probably, say, pass a Bobby on an Oyster lane or somesuch.

The rest of us would just use normal words.
Haha :)

We don't all say that...:rolleyes:
It's a police car and we don't even have carpool lanes in the Midlands
I suppose some people call them fuzz or something...:D

• Funny
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
It may or may not be a co-incidence that Elon, being South African in origin, famously put on the brakes to the acronym craze at SpaceX. The use and usefulness of words is highly related to culture. Right or wrong, such tendencies can seem confusing and ineffective to people outside of that culture, while perfectly normal and effective to those inside it. The objective truth is often somewhere in-between.

I thought about the red at first, after seeing the prototype, but if this is how the silver will look like, I've made up my mind. This is the car I want!

This is, by the way, one of my favourite pictures. Gorgeous!

View attachment 225577

A the silver tone looks amazing in these two:

View attachment 225578

View attachment 225579

yeah that silver doesn't really look like silver. There's something weird about it, it's too shiny and smooth looking. it looks more like unpainted similar to a DeLorean. Maybe it even is just a clearcoat or something on top of an unpainted car?

Either way, sick "colour".

I may be wrong of its applicability in the case of front places (that may be more cultural), but I remember reading somewhere the reason why people get away with lack of plates in California may be related to some temporary allowance - that in certain situations you can temporarily drive a car without any license plates, waiting for registration or somesuch.

Well, as one might expect for Germany, a country where there is a rule for almost everything, one can't drive a car without a set of plates at all. Even in the event that the car is waiting for registration.
You have to have plates even though they are just valid for one day.
They are produced (just like regular plates), mounted, used and then thrown away... after one smeggin' day! And to think Germany is considered a haven of environmentalism... :rolleyes:

Similar situation with test drives of used cars that are standing unregistered on used car dealers' lots. The dealers have sets of special plates for just that, they are mounted, front and back, before you can even start your test-drive, even if it's just for one hour or somesuch.

Status
Not open for further replies.