Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had decided on white. Now I'm thinking about blue again. Before the RC's I was thinking Midnight Silver. maybe I'll go back to that once I see one?
Gah, lots of time to decide I guess.

Hah! You sound just like me. I also wanted midnight silver, then considered black to save possibly save a little money, then back to midnight silver, then they had to go post the blue version on the My Tesla page, then these release candidates come out looking awesome in blue. Ahhhh. I don't know. One nice part to having a slightly later reservation is I'll likely have ample time to see them in person before my vehicle enters production.

Reactions: alexeiw123
That's absolutely horrible. I wonder why they didn't come up with a windshield sticker or something more discrete like a infrared sensor or something mounted on your plate holder....like we have here in Illinois.

Um, that's a Massachusetts plate with an EZPass transponder. Which, incidentally, don't work well once coated with ice. Did you meant to post a different pic for Illinois?

Reactions: Alketi
This is, by the way, one of my favourite pictures. Gorgeous!

View attachment 225577

One of my favourites too, here's another one:

Tesla-Model-3-at-Gigafactory-1.jpg

Um, that's a Massachusetts plate with an EZPass transponder. Which, incidentally, don't work well once coated with ice. Did you meant to post a different pic for Illinois?
No people.

That's the exact same transponder we have in Illinois. That's my point. Is Massacheusetts the only state that can use that transponder?

I have one on my plate here in Illinois.

Transponder Types Tooltip Content - Illinois Tollway

Using Illinois "I-Pass" transponder on Mass Turnpike - Massachusetts Forum - TripAdvisor

Why is everyone trying to prove everyone else wrong in this forum. This is ridiculous. Do your homework people.

How much more proof do you need?

367139d1245884277-ez-pass-hate-the-look-solution-found-transponder_on_plate.jpg

Last edited:
An unbiased review is unlikely to surface. I've never read a car review that's not biased in some way. The thing you should be looking forward to is seeing the car in its entirety and making up your own mind about if it's good for you. Because you're the one who can choose to buy it or move on.

My experience owning Tesla vehicles and reading the reviews is that they rarely offer any valuable insight about the vehicle. More often than not, I find errors or omissions in the review on both the good and bad side.
Okay, fine, "reviews".

How is nobody seeing the issue with this?
You aren't named "Nobody" in real life, are you? ;)

Some people have expressed the concerns you state. Others have not. Elon clearly believes that the current EAP/FSDC sensor suite can do L5 once the software becomes capable enough. You clearly disagree. No one outside of Tesla has access to what they are doing and what their plans are.

Let's see if Tesla can pull off their plan to do an L5 transcontinental drive by the end of this year.

Kind of like flying cars and fusion power? Those are right around the corner also.
Like Elon... I don't trust the flying cars. Now, like Moller International, or even in the future.

For the fusion thing are you talking about how the UK reactor just turned on a few days ago and created it's first plasma?
A "World First" Fusion Reactor Just Created Its First Plasma

It's exciting times we are living in let me tell you!

Last edited:
I'm really liking the tweaked nose (yes, I'm in that camp). Is it a trick of the lighting, or is there a curving accent line on the hood?
screen-shot-2017-05-03-at-10-19-38-am.png
I was looking through all the Model 3 pictures on Google Photos and realized that the wood we saw in the RC car few days ago was also present in the matt black car we saw last year at the reveal. Maybe everyone here already knows that but I thought the wood was a change from the interior we saw in the alpha cars.

RC:
zOD_-6J5D-5RGap4cFmXu2Vzs3_CYq1z_wXDmxlXJTfX_G1LXHrPY7oPDBat3aFKuoGZn_lv5UuZ1T_ESkB1bbVAlBqo7tSoifJYcOhF0EyYLEABNk23yyE8zcTKmodxj8nsWCCzFyV3iy5UJtYWhWMfTwxpii41sxANNzXJrMtxWPXNqLDcd95xuhvr9XDVEFhbDycrgCI9w3rfko4DWZIzgvzxpfzz2_eCNAqC_L0o-n8Z9hGIYuTHgHMVL3FmMhAKiqw_mAi_UWKSH3EIYg18s_HMM-vzgwEFfpgYIjB2MDutvBlYO0qGxyvwrCeQjVU1itPUfHGLd2LMFQF0DXvy8A3v-2aYv0XF63pj2mz2kxr_FX8ba5ohFY2TcDJOMATIE2eEusn0eMDzuI8bRlxlVhOwvucA8oEEF1GSDyEbX-w9LGJQGK0odf3p6WrSITHG-Mz_32CMSt2jSriHROeYQR2zQ9E3rKKpIscoGfLG7h73Tr9ATTMd-3fKyFeF0TGWJ83Wuicmdl2OZwitUEg0VvS576b5bKkV4ZN7gOB2bDVmf96K_TTWyYM-2UC4e01mlNbDZHzW1j1hn4oYMMDoSc0Sq6gnzzygsRnSWIUMyWPicViJXXd7wqP6rO145aLTh_FDeFRf1kf9kibmARkVOMRhITuMGPloZGpiqsc=w963-h547-no

Alpha:
bghpfM3sCjvAo6HoxlWZZkS6rljtlzbhfroxTkAOMP4oRUHvH6l_zfQO0tzOzaBJUZBnI1IlIHPfzeyWyLzhsNg_23bibA5HVPswVWSumiIQfjfzLJv6iqAOUQ0b7-KCGccfz1DBTA3fDhom8DosbFtsBekKG-deha1LL2CBEHw0W7pmWAzl8jHHMCo2xPp9gCwgG--dyrzyLea1fkCYIFDMSVQvchUv6qJ1ueqQoByJLvnHV1FAehfJM1uvQfiA-wxWLxxGHABAbaKAyL40ZqltypRDGG2I_zMvNbPa_CQlrTd3SDUKMV67MQklao4amOtBJFJ_QikLRXmkZzlNHDQ0MaIzL1XAwSB1UTM8tP3_LDqOL4Oqh7JSFOi8BVuJLvoShmgaP5DVYHV_ZkFwX6Ss_XuaHG_I3XQ-yCrOnDfoMgBy_Bz04ybCKLkk3zHeaUc_TpcuvtQu5PJgtSlhJFe8W27yIchnjJ2FqjkoEvn84I28UmRTcQK_fQh2EfrawJJB-vX3WaC-BGAYfSsbGfVubDiWOGoKEBNJT-TkMWT4I5Cf5lQ2ilwkqbVF9tbFfyYUQUxs9mZ-HFE_xAc3wo3yOA6OCTvIGNBbOWTO9q2gpAS6qtTHi46I_gzyJVVkVOGfhMQ-XERbkJMGJeie24gADye_ns5OJtxq9Aq6_bo=w1280-h957-no

aVBPipoOjqznJnZBCjwNQJ7tX-vKafe6Zce3qw_4pvo19aGbkg8igZ7qE1j31Fk44Kmyt1Esh8vOkXsenH6DHyDSESdxXAEiqosZ1qDqa6LjumiPc7kWw9zeI5B9O24OC93SDOcPgBqdHb7MkSBkxOGiAnXgSnN2PGKepu0toqJheHZS1zQ1KvaH3rE8eWA36JobT5XKEc_WdpMcVcbniLQrQLM1QRZFl9acsXxoANrA0688TkY1_JbyEu_m3IYDuEiokqICtEAiKHKR9dr73G1gQGQemP-5qcDCtuTefxSB1iZOOc4vVdUlVfwBSL6Q1yOvXm3G_dU6AIyFLS4WGqfsWeYhDjWdKiNGnQZdNIL-843pmvlMxKr5e9UE7XU5cg6RPXLjXBgH8qCxOdlOkH3gBlPoicJK8RSALqn65BRttatRg4YNyf7DPsVwN1zAUiApAz-kBWsuIfhJ_IKuwchxKsv_r8SAgcdSxI2LSSiGSX7peC4wuEpYBwYIM-fuZE36ZhQZ1p-LLM4Qgcb1BQFv5U2pcfjiqT395MAzlRYMr7OpN_p06tDc_JGL2l0Gh6TP3NF_UpCF7cAT3WwCKTCt31d3Enoo6j3CMxltQG8Nt7wLfEfgzmOD4lOypaCqXzXgXZ1hDdoeR-ER6BGS3k38Nc8dO8Ay6PgJROEqBE0=w1280-h1712-no
I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence that the 3 release candidate colors we've seen are not the same colors as the alpha cars at the reveal.
Honestly after seeing the RCs and noting a couple of the things pointed out here, I'm not convinced these are actual release candidates. Maybe the reason the RCs are different colors is because they were repainted with a new nose cone? Maybe that weird bubble-looking thing on the white hood is a wrap job?

Definitely putting the ol' tin foil hat on, but is this just a really clever disguise? Are we just obsessing over the same exact cars from a year ago with subtle changes that can easily be performed without building a production line?

Status
Not open for further replies.