Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 highland Australian - review with buttons for gears!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time noticed the Australian Model 3 Highland with buttons near spotlights for P, R, and D. It is not modified as the reviewer clearly said Tesla had given this for review. Is this because of any local regulation that you have to have buttons, or levers for gear changes? Not aware of any?

The demo starts around 3.26.

Im keeping an open mind about the indicators but having tried to lower the volume on the steering with it being past a quarter turn either way didn't go down well.

If I was buying new today, I think I would have to look past it and bite the bullet.

@WannabeOwner then you don’t have to worry about checking the screen before you change to reverse

:)

On the current MS that D/R is down at the bottom of the screen binnacle - fine as an all-else-has-failed, but I am doubting that it would work as a replacement for stalks. Can't speak of Highlander ... all I know is that whilst manoeuvring, hands on the wheel, flicking the gear from D-to-R and R-to-D using the stalks is really effective.