Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile App 3.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same for me. You must first turn the climate on and thenyou can use the seat seater and steering wheel controls. There is a slight lag for the commands to be executed of course and they should update the ui to show the command in progress, like a glow effect or subtle flashing from when you tap the control and the command takes effect.

I have the older classic front cars and I don't have the option to turn on the heated seats/steering wheel even though I paid for it. Anyone else getting this problem?

You must have the latest version of the Android or Apple IOS app (v3.8) and firmware 48.12. Then when you turn on climate control high enough for the heater to turn on, a few seconds later, icons will appear on the seats and steering wheel if you have the options.

Which part is not working on your config? Perhaps also provide your Model S year and app version.

Last edited:
Reactions: croman
You must have the latest version of the Android or Apple IOS app (v3.8) and firmware 48.12. Then when you turn on climate control high enough for the heater to turn on, a few seconds later, icons will appear on the seats and steering wheel if you have the options.

Which part is not working on your config? Perhaps also provide your Model S year and app version.
App version is 3.8.0.356 android
Tesla software: 2018.48.12.1

Actually (lol) climate needs to be going period. The temperature doesn’t matter to start/control seats (and wheel if present).

If you are in the car, then climate doesn’t need to be on.

App version is 3.8.0.356 android
Tesla software: 2018.48.12.1
I'm running 2018.48.12.1 in the car and iOS app version 3.8.0. When I got 3.8.0, I had the schedule service feature in the app immediately. Today, I notice that feature is no longer there in the app. Has anyone else noted this feature was present and now missing?

To trouble-shoot this, I tried to logout/login to the app on the phone, and also uninstall/reboot/reinstall the app. No luck - still missing. I'm on an iPhone XS with iOS 12.1.2.

Seat heaters were suppose to appear in the climate screen. I don’t have that on mine. I have the correct software # and 3.8 but no seat heater control
Don't worry, even people who have the prerequisite firmware only get a placebo - for example the app shows you that you turned on the heated steering wheel, the car even shows that the steering wheel is on, but there is no heat coming from the steering wheel, until you turn it off and back on using the car controls, not the app. It's like the "close doors" button on most elevators, just there to make the customer feel like they have control. Some people have reported it working, but they might have believed the app and never checked for actual heat. Or maybe it's like the browser, only works on newest cars but everyone has it.

Don't worry, even people who have the prerequisite firmware only get a placebo - for example the app shows you that you turned on the heated steering wheel, the car even shows that the steering wheel is on, but there is no heat coming from the steering wheel, until you turn it off and back on using the car controls, not the app. It's like the "close doors" button on most elevators, just there to make the customer feel like they have control. Some people have reported it working, but they might have believed the app and never checked for actual heat. Or maybe it's like the browser, only works on newest cars but everyone has it.

Mine’s all over the place. Turn the seats on via the app, get in the car and they aren’t showing as on. Turn the heated wheel on via the app, get in the car the wheel is warm and gets cold! This is even though in the car the icon is red. I have to toggle in the car.

It’s all bit of a shambles.