Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unresponsive fob and app lockout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model S, one morning I was about to head to work, when I walked over to my car the door handle did not extend and I was not able to unplug the charger. I tried unlocking the door using fob and app, both were unresponsive. I called Tesla customer service and they were not able to unlock it remotely. They told me that I'm out of warranty and need to have it tow to a service center.

After getting it to service center and the tow truck unloaded it. The app and fob worked! Before the app had a blue circle spinning on upper left corner and just kept on spinning like it wasn't able to connect.

About 2 weeks ago, I was charging at a supercharger, all of a sudden I got a message on my dashboard saying car may not start, need service. I was able to unplug it from charger. I was waiting for a tow truck then suddenly the screen when black. I stepped out of my car, then I was completely locked out. Even tesla was not able to unlock the door. The diagnosis was that I need to replace the battery coolant heater and 12V battery. I was wondering if this repair had anything to do with my current situation of car being unresponsive to fob and app or is it a software issue. Tesla didn't find anything wrong and I'm afraid it was happen again unpredictably.

and car is sitting there like a lemon, it won't even let me plug my wall charger in. It seems to have done a Microsoft blue screen on me, not even Tesla could connect to it.