Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So at Mojave, would it be more advantageous if I charge for more time/miles here and would that then reduce the charge time at LP? I'm thinking I wouldn't mind waiting for a few more extra mins at Stater Bros (if it saves me some time at LP) vs. walking around or sitting a few more mins at LP during the cold at night.
Well, yes. The more you charge at Mojave, the less you would need at LP. Although, the difference is likely to be small. Remember that you always get a faster charge with a lower SOC. Arriving at LP with a lower SOC will give you the fasting charge. Charging at Mojave longer will take much more of your time, as your rate will drop significantly when you already have enough to get to LP. My recommendation is to get your groceries for the weekend at Stater Bros (while watching out for the meth-heads there) and get on your way to LP. At LP, visit the museum for $5 (worth it), or walk into town to get lunch or dinner. Unless, of course, VC is running, in which case, you will be on your way even faster.

I have A Better Route Planner set at 88mph top speed, 35degree temp, and 320 ref consumption, starting at 100%. Since I'm a newbie, correct me where I'm off a bit. But at these settings with the long range plus, I'm pleased to see it has me stopping once the entire trip, at Lone Pine for a 25min charge(to reach Mammoth Lakes with 10% remaining) from Burbank. This is one of my holy grails of EV wants/needs that I've been hoping for for years. When this dastardly corona finally ends, I can't wait to hit chair 23.

Last edited:
I have A Better Route Planner set at 88mph top speed, 35degree temp, and 320 ref consumption, starting at 100%. Since I'm a newbie, correct me where I'm off a bit. But at these settings with the long range plus, I'm pleased to see it has me stopping once the entire trip, at Lone Pine for a 25min charge(to reach Mammoth Lakes with 10% remaining) from Burbank. This is one of my holy grails of EV wants/needs that I've been hoping for for years. When this dastardly corona finally ends, I can't wait to hit chair 23.
Watch out for speed traps! especially between Bishop and Mammoth.
I was going to go up Monday the 16th. They closed the day before and then got 3-4 feet of snow :(
I think there's almost zero chance of reopening this season.