Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low vs High Mileage 2016 Model S P100D's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm sure this has been talked about in some capacity but I'm trying to make a switch to my first EV ever. I'm looking at two P100d's Same Spec/same options as my dream spec both are 2016s heated and cooled seats/sunroof NO FREE SUPERCHARGING since both are from dealers.
Car 1. $53.5k 26k Miles No FSD, No mcu2 upgrade
Car 2. $49.9k 72k Miles No FSD No Premium sound(which sucks because the premium to me is really good), I believe it has the mcu2 It's the weekend so I couldn't get to this dealer in time to confirm but when they took a picture of the backup cam there were two displays showing the side cam view Car 1 did not. I test drove a 2019 Performance but that deal fell through, but it had that same feature with obviously the updated software/tech.

Lets assume Car 2 has the mcu2 which I know is definitely needed because that old tech is a BIT laggy. Which car might be the better buy?

Both cars are too far to test but I can get a PPI for both.

Is it really worth it to save 3.5k?
Hey have you made a decision yet? I ask because there's a youtube channel LegitStreetCars and the host is thinking about selling his super nice P100D with a gorgeous blue paint. It's got FSD and MCU2 upgrade, and open pano roof. Check out his latest video of the CTS-V he just bought. He thinking of going back to ICE and replacing the P100D with the old caddy. You'll see the Tesla towards the very end of the video.

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
Hey have you made a decision yet? I ask because there's a youtube channel LegitStreetCars and the host is thinking about selling his super nice P100D with a gorgeous blue paint. It's got FSD and MCU2 upgrade, and open pano roof. Check out his latest video of the CTS-V he just bought. He thinking of going back to ICE and replacing the P100D with the old caddy. You'll see the Tesla towards the very end of the video.
Reverse of what I did, CTS-V Wagon to the P100DL.

Reactions: jmcdono362
I did bro I ended up with a 2018 P100D. Not necessarily the spec i wanted for colors but beggars cant be choosers... Needed to trade in a vehicle.

Reactions: jmcdono362
Yeah these things aren't going for super cheap. The Free supercharging is a game changer. This one I'm picking up 2018 MCU2/FSD/Premium Sound Heated and cooled seats. Everything i wanted but no free supercharging :(. How much money is it to really get a full charge on lets say 250 miles?
Your prices will vary depending on where you charge. I have a FUSC 2016 90D; I had a 2018 100D no free charging. I was curious what I had saved on the 90D vs 100D. I've driven OH-FL at least 7 times with the 90D and twice with the 100D. The round trip cost was about $210 for 2300 miles:
about $0.09/mile