Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of Early locations countrywide for Model 3 viewing in store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
We already know that the Model 3 went on display in the **Palo Alto/Stanford and Los Angeles/Century City stores. Thought I'd start this thread to keep track of other locations getting the car for ease of everyone looking to see one in person.

Saw in CNBC news story last night that on the east coast these locations will get one this week.
**New York -- Manhattan's meatpacking district on Friday 1/19
**Boston -- Boylston location on Friday 1/19
**Miami -- Aventura Mall on Saturday, 1/20

I just got an email from the **San Jose, CA Santana Row store -- that it will be there as of 10am today Fri., 1/19

Unfortunately no one listing test drives at the Stores yet. Please try to keep this thread updated if you know of locations that aren't listed. Do expect to wait in line to get your few minutes with the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: EV-Bull
To keep this thread informative and not overly lengthy for people to scoll through, please only post if you have an actual location that will be getting the car for viewing. I think it's safe to say everyone would like to see the car on display near them ;).

Reactions: Brando
For those in the **Miami area, Teslarati in their article ( Tesla Model 3 makes its way to East Coast showrooms in NY, Boston and Miami ) said the Model 3 was available to the general public on Friday. It is not. DO NOT show up tonight if you don't have an invite. They don't let people in to events like this if your name isn't on the RSVP list. Teslarati linked to an invite for Friday but as we know from the Palo Alto preview these invites went to a small group of owners with the public being able to see it as a walk in the next day. So it's Saturday, 1/20 for Aventura Miami as indicated in the first post here.

Update: I called the Aventura store and they are actually closed today. And there were special RSVP event invites sent out to a small group of people for a special pre-opening event.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Brando
For those in the **Miami area, Teslarati in their article ( Tesla Model 3 makes its way to East Coast showrooms in NY, Boston and Miami ) said the Model 3 was available to the general public on Friday. It is not. DO NOT show up tonight if you don't have an invite. They don't let people in to events like this if your name isn't on the RSVP list. Teslarati linked to an invite for Friday but as we know from the Palo Alto preview these invites went to a small group of owners with the public being able to see it as a walk in the next day. So it's Saturday, 1/20 for Aventura Miami as indicated in the first post here.
Thank's for mentioning I was planning on going tonight assuming that the store would be open on their regular business housr and that the private event and leadership talk would be on another private room or area.
This was based on the event also ocurring at the same hours that the store regularly opens at.

Reactions: SMAlset
**Walnut Creek, Calif now has the Model 3 on display in their showroom. Confirmed with them just now.

BTW I also asked if the cars would remain in their showroom or move to other locations and was told it will stay. Hours to see the car are the Store's normal hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: DR61
I went to see the one in the New York City Store. Check In required if you want to sit in it. I was the only one in line but it took 10-15 min until they let me in the cordoned off area as there were 5-6 people already sitting in it and taking pictures. The car is gray with the 19" wheels. Fit and finish looked great. You can use the touch screen and play with the various features. In the flesh the car appears larger than I expected. The low front end is quite stunning. By the time I left the line was 15-20 people long. (I got there just in time!! )They give you a good amount of time in the car and will answer any questions but will push you along at some point.

I was off work today (Friday) and decided to go. On Saturday I am sure it is going to be a long wait.

• Informative
Reactions: OnBass and IdaX
Just got off the phone with Tesla to see when the Rocklin store will have a display, the only information he had was the current locations that have one. I didn't catch all the locations (because I'm not really close to any), but he did mention the Van Ness show room should have one, and 6 or so other locations.

Curious if they’re giving priority to reservation holders to view and perhaps test drive the vehicles on display?

Definitely no test drives. The guy next to me asked and the Tesla employee said thats a few months away. Did not seem to give any priority to reservation holders. At check in she did ask me if I had a reservation, but it was not verified so don't think it was required.

**Walnut Creek, Calif now has the Model 3 on display in their showroom. Confirmed with them just now.

BTW I also asked if the cars would remain in their showroom or move to other locations and was told it will stay. Hours to see the car are the Store's normal hours.

Went there with my wife this afternoon and got a few pictures, posted in another thread:

Pictures of production Model 3s

Needed to check in at the door (they asked if we are 3 reservation holders, which we're not, but they said it didn't matter) and wait in line (about 8 deep) for 2 minutes in the car. The line goes around the car so we got a good look at the exterior while we were waiting. Also there were salespeople to talk to us and answer questions both before and after we sat in the car. They brought us bottled water while we were waiting (which wasn't all that long). I am sure they're going to be slammed starting tomorrow.

The Walnut Creek store isn't a big one, so the Model X and one of the Model S that were on display (plus a couple salespeople) got moved outside to a common area of the mall.

Bruce.

Definitely no test drives. The guy next to me asked and the Tesla employee said thats a few months away. Did not seem to give any priority to reservation holders. At check in she did ask me if I had a reservation, but it was not verified so don't think it was required.
I don’t understand why test drives to reservation holders would be a few months away. If the vehicle is physically there in the store then what would prevent test drives?

I went to see the one in the New York City Store. Check In required if you want to sit in it. I was the only one in line but it took 10-15 min until they let me in the cordoned off area as there were 5-6 people already sitting in it and taking pictures. The car is gray with the 19" wheels. Fit and finish looked great. You can use the touch screen and play with the various features. In the flesh the car appears larger than I expected. The low front end is quite stunning. By the time I left the line was 15-20 people long. (I got there just in time!! )They give you a good amount of time in the car and will answer any questions but will push you along at some point.

I was off work today (Friday) and decided to go. On Saturday I am sure it is going to be a long wait.

You got lucky if you got more than a few minutes in the car. When we were at Palo Alto Stanford, late morning so a bit after they opened, they were giving 2 minute slots out and they used a tablet with timer function to parcel them out. Of course at that point when we were there there was a line out the Store. My husband didn't care necessarily to sit in it as it was for me, so I believe I was given his time as well so 4 minutes. We were told we could always come back and probably could have gotten back in line again.

BTW after turning the AC fans up high to get a feel for the airflow, we were discouraged from turning them up high as it caused a puddle of water to form under the car in the Store LOL. I did at least get to verify they worked well and got to see how to split the airflow on both driver and passenger sides.

I don’t understand why test drives to reservation holders would be a few months away. If the vehicle is physically there in the store then what would prevent test drives?

The cars are inside the showroom not in a parking lot. Check out photos from people that have already been to see them. Not like they are likely to open the large glass store sliding doors and let people drive it out, and in some mall locations the cars are probably driven into the stores before the mall opens. Right now I think their objective is to let as many people actually see it, sit in it and ask questions. The majority of the people even with reservations won't get an invite for quite sometime so most have time to wait for more cars for test drives to be available.

I wonder how many more reservations will be generated this month what with stores having them to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: bmah