Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an call from Tim yesterday and an e-mail today telling my pretty much what everyone else is hearing.
Expected delivery for December. My money is on December 24!
There will be a lot of long faces around the Xmas tree if we don't have the car by then.

Maybe they know something regarding shipping that we don't know, but transit times by sea are at least 4 weeks. Then customs and predelivery. If they want a launch followed by all sig deliveries in the first or second weeks of December, followed by General production delivery before Christmas as promised, I don't see how this is all going to work. Particularly since I have had a promise that all sigs will be delivered first, and mine is yet to complete!! Are they flying my car out?

I'm not getting my hopes up for Christmas delivery. My car still needs to get across to Perth.
I think January is more realistic, but maybe Father Christmas will put in an extra effort!!

Hi Tim. Could you please remove our car from the spreadsheet. We cancelled our car after we got sick of Teslas "soup nazi" approach to their customers. Their attitude of you will wait until we are good and ready really pissed my partner off. I even spoke directly to what one could loosely call a customer service rep and have since not received a response. The funny thing is that after months of no communication the process of cancelling caused a flurry or emails, they were so eager to rid themselves of a qualified buyer. They nearly tripped themselves up! No effort to save the sale confirmed to me their contempt for their car buyers. No way for a luxury brand to behave. I hope they improve, and good luck with your cars

Hi Tim. Could you please remove our car from the spreadsheet. We cancelled our car after we got sick of Teslas "soup nazi" approach to their customers. Their attitude of you will wait until we are good and ready really pissed my partner off. I even spoke directly to what one could loosely call a customer service rep and have since not received a response. The funny thing is that after months of no communication the process of cancelling caused a flurry or emails, they were so eager to rid themselves of a qualified buyer. They nearly tripped themselves up! No effort to save the sale confirmed to me their contempt for their car buyers. No way for a luxury brand to behave. I hope they improve, and good luck with your cars

Wow, your experience is very different from mine. Tesla has been very communicative and offered me the chance to take delivery "early" for QLD, or wait for the service centre here, which I chose to do. Additionally they have been flexible with design changes and even offered beneficial changes of which I was unaware. In my opinion, Linda has been providing the type of bespoke service most luxury auto makers fall way short of. Granted, it's a different experience being an early adopter. The remaining wait seems short from here!

That's disappointing to hear but I am happy that they worked hard to cancel your order and didn't try to convince you to stay. It would have been rude of them to do anything else.

Not sure about staying, it's not club, it's a expensive car purchase, a very expensive one. I think it would have been great had they tried as hard to keep us as a customer. I guess now that I've vented, I see they tried as hard as they could, but definitely not up to the promise of a different car company and not what they sold us. For just a moment at the wrong time they crossed the line and became just another dumb car company flogging a product. They just needed to communicate.

I know, I'll feel jealous when you all receive your cars, and look longingly at the future when I see one pass. Hopefully when they have ironed out their problems (which I expect will be sooner) and become that "t" car company, I may look to order. After all I have waited this long.

After all I have waited this long.

Wow. Big call.

I always wonder about expectation mangement, and this case strikes me as one where is was obviously not done well by Tesla. That said, this feels like how people get upset about a new Apple product that didn't meet some kind of expectations. I understand that they have our money, and said things about dates but let's not underestimate the amount of time and effort that is takes to get a new type of car, *and* the whole support infrastructure into a new country halfway around the world. The other thing ive learned by dealing with the locals is that they rarely know much more than us. There was never once a "promise" made to me. Every single date given was preceded by some sort of caveat.

Personally, I'm cutting them a tonne of slack. Why? Cause we're the pioneers who knew full well that timelines slip. If you can afford a Model S, it's highly likely that you've been involved in high cost projects. Ever had one of this magnitude ship on time? Being the first comes with a cost. We'll all pay with both our money, and our patience and understanding at this stage.

if you want a smooth experience, that makes you feel like your $100k+ buys you something other than an amazing car, talk to Mercedes or BMW. They'll take your money and treat you like a king. Problem is, you end up with a fuel burner.

Ascientist, you're free to take mine for a spin anytime you're in Melbourne, just PM me. :)

Hi Ascientist, if you don't mind, I've removed all your car details, but have left your entry in to show that it has been cancelled. I think as the database grows it would be helpful to see the experiences that some purchasers went through. I'm very sorry to hear about your experiences. Obviously, people's experiences will all differ, sucks that yours caused you to cancel your order. Cheers, Tim.

How do you know yours is (really) yet to complete? We all know how good T are with communication....

Added: to your point that is why they need to be in production in the next week or two and they better have a massive ground crew here to hit dec 31.
they will probably import crew from overseas temporarily as they have apparently done at launch in the other markets...
20 days in production and counting...

Yep got all of you guys.

Jimat's car going into production is a good sign as he/she confirmed their order on 30.06, and not a P85+. I confirmed mine on 29.05 so have a lower VIN but have not entered production, along with a few other early orders, but I'm sure it will be very soon :)

Hi All,
My first post.
I'm in Melbourne awaiting S85 confirmed 23 June 2014. Tim is still optimistic I'll have the car before Christmas but I'm still "entered the production queue in the factory".
I suspect the NSW folk will receive their cars before the rest of us as that is where the opening event will be.
The build up is killing me!

I assume order is still based on reservation number

That would have made too much sense - and location does not appear to be a factor either, since mine is still in the queue while JFK's has been in production for the last 5 days - and his reservation number is nearly double what mine is (190 vs 99)
Although at the end of the day they will probably ride on the same truck (or train) across the Nullarbor... :)