Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

license plate frame

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this one from Amazon. The one I ordered was Prime, so not sure if they'll have them back in stock as prime or not. It's nice, aluminum (really light), letters are big enough to read from far back.

Now I just need a Tesla to put it on... next week?!?!

plateframe.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, here's the link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BEI0R2S

Wait, you're not really D Grohl are you?????? But you do have a strong resemblance in your profile pic... hmmmm

Just got this one from Amazon. The one I ordered was Prime, so not sure if they'll have them back in stock as prime or not. It's nice, aluminum (really light), letters are big enough to read from far back.

Now I just need a Tesla to put it on... next week?!?!

View attachment 17347

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, here's the link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BEI0R2S

Went to the service center today and asked about the chrome frame. He checked and came back with one and put it on for me - he said they had just recently finally had a delivery of them come in. So I'm pretty sure anyone who wants one can get one, if they're available.

Went to the service center today and asked about the chrome frame. He checked and came back with one and put it on for me - he said they had just recently finally had a delivery of them come in. So I'm pretty sure anyone who wants one can get one, if they're available.

Rockin'! It's on my list o' things to call my local SC about--hopefully they have them, too.

Yay! I got my plates a couple of days ago and today, Nathan at the Rockville Service Center was awesome and installed my plate with the Tesla frame in the rear. I'd done the front, but I was missing screws in the back. My plates came in the mail a little warped but he wrestled it into the frame and installed. :) I'm a happy camper now. (Well, I was always happy--love the car!)

Cheaper source for license plate frame

From a popular Ebay store based in Washington State, I bought this for about $14 shipped. Tesla font!
Mounted on a Civic.

Attachments

• SANY0003.JPG
    SANY0003.JPG
    772.8 KB · Views: 717
  • SANY0004.JPG
    SANY0004.JPG
    302.4 KB · Views: 711
  • SANY0006.JPG
    SANY0006.JPG
    716.3 KB · Views: 721
  • SANY0010.JPG
    SANY0010.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 740
FWIW, this is the custom license plate frame I ordered from autoplates.com in anticipation of my S delivery next month. The service was quick and the the range of selections is enormous - not only in frame designs but in materials, fonts, style, etc. Basically you choose the style and material and add your words if not happy with standard phrases. This happens to be top of the line, chrome plated zinc and the words are engraved and filled-in (choose your color/font). There are also other accessories available such as the clear polycarbonate plate shield you see here, and various types of related mounting hardware. Not trying to be a shill, but just happy with what I got.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 625
I sure do like that! Sign me up!

Does it strike anyone else that the license plate attachment anchors are totally inadequate? Two of four of mine on the rear were stripped out so that the screws could not be removed without somehow gripping the plastic anchor. Since they are in round holes it still isn't clear to me how they are supposed to grip the metal. Tesla should work to make a better impression in the first order of business for a new car...

I personally prefer the electronic manual to the usual approach of putting one in a fancy binder, but it needs a search function to fully realize it's potential...

Can anyone tell me what size screws the rear license plate holder uses? Ours didn't come with any, and the auto parts store has like 10 different sizes.

Go to Lowes or Home Depot or your favorite hardware store and purchase #10 sheet metal screws either 1/2" or 3/4" long. 5/8" came off my car but I couldn't find 5/8" so I bought 3/4" and don't think they punctured anything important inside. If only using 2 screws then 1/2" might not have enough bite.