Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long after the 4680 Texas Model Y event were full specs released and people were able to order them? Seems like quite a while if I recall correctly. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the same thing here. So for all those who are EXPECTING to know all about the CT in 10 days, maybe it’s time to downgrade to HOPING or even DOUBTING for the truly pessimistic among us.

How long after the 4680 Texas Model Y event were full specs released and people were able to order them? Seems like quite a while if I recall correctly. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the same thing here. So for all those who are EXPECTING to know all about the CT in 10 days, maybe it’s time to downgrade to HOPING or even DOUBTING for the truly pessimistic among us.
My favorite reveal is the Model 3 where very little was known Tesla would not even confirm if the rear seats were heated. This went on for months here on the Forum with some people taking apart the rear seats. Tesla never replied to the endless questions from owners. Then on an early software update the heated rear seat control was added to the display and voila I found out my 3 had heated rear seats!! This lack of knowledge over the CT makes me laugh since this is what Tesla does repeatedly when new models come out.

Reactions: navguy12 and Cal1
IMG_4966.jpeg

An inside rear view mirror is not a federal requirement for trucks if the side mirrors are sufficiently large. It is required for passenger cars, even if there is no rear window...
S6. Requirements for multipurpose passenger vehicles, low-speed vehicles, trucks, buses, and school buses with GVWR of 4,536 kg or less.
S6.1 Each multipurpose passenger vehicle, truck and bus, other than a school bus, with a GVWR of 4,536 kg or less shall have either— (a) Mirrors that conform to the requirements of S5.; or (b) Outside mirrors of unit magnification, each with not less than 126 cm2 of reflective surface, installed with stable supports on both sides of the vehicle, located so as to provide the driver a view to the rear along both sides of the vehicle, and adjustable in both the horizontal and vertical directions to view the rearward scene.

Federal Register :: Request Access

It would be pretty dumb if they didn’t…so they probably won’t.

When they do allow people in, a few days later we will see “news” articles about how easily the exterior shows fingerprints.
The exterior will be a nightmare to keep clean/glossy, but I don't think most will try to do that. They will allow it to be dirty like most of the CTs we see driving around that turn dull or they will wrap it. I want the matte black wrap.

The exterior will be a nightmare to keep clean/glossy, but I don't think most will try to do that. They will allow it to be dirty like most of the CTs we see driving around that turn dull or they will wrap it. I want the matte black wrap.
I open my stainless fridge, stove, micro, dishwasher etc every day and hasn’t been all that troubling. Suspect I won’t be hand stroking the truck much more then the fridge.

I open my stainless fridge, stove, micro, dishwasher etc every day and hasn’t been all that troubling. Suspect I won’t be hand stroking the truck much more then the fridge.
If your fridge/stove are anti-finger print they have a spray or wrap over them to prevent/mitigate prints. The CT will not have that.

Someone here has a DeLorean, I believe, but from what I've seen on the CT and on older DeLoreans, they will get easily smudged/finger prints around the doors, back, frunk, etc.

If your fridge/stove are anti-finger print they have a spray or wrap over them to prevent/mitigate prints. The CT will not have that.

Someone here has a DeLorean, I believe, but from what I've seen on the CT and on older DeLoreans, they will get easily smudged/finger prints around the doors, back, frunk, etc.
Guess it’s just me but I’ll take a finger print over rock chips any day.

I understand the wrap will get chipped, but I really liked the look of the matte black.

I'd either not care and let it get that dull look or wrap it...I'm too lazy with my current cars to keep to perfectly glossy/shined.
A good wrap really will take a beating ... some will even heal small scratches and dings sitting in the sun ... quite amazing actually ... curious what brand they are going to use.

I understand the wrap will get chipped, but I really liked the look of the matte black.

I'd either not care and let it get that dull look or wrap it...I'm too lazy with my current cars to keep to perfectly glossy/shined.
All possible and yeah black would look awesome. Having used stainless for years in manufacturing it’s rather easy to maintain. Fairly certain they are using a traditional 2b finish or light #4 polish vs any form of mirror/shiny finish. Any blemish can be offset with a standard red 3M pad.