Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many annual deliveries would you consider a success for the CT since that avoids trying to define what "dominating" means?
For me success would be over 350k trucks annually starting in 2025.
Elon has already said they plan on making 250k/year. In my opinion consistent demand for a few years, say through 2026, at 250k/year is success. Anything above that is gravy.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
look at Model S and Model X sales... the market for $70-$80k+ EV's is only so big... unless Tesla figures out on how to sell the Cybertruck for less than $60k ... they won't be selling 250k of those annually. *not* with the vehicle being basically only street legal in North America, those dimensions, and the polarizing design. Even more so than the X this Cybertruck has "faberge egg" and niche vehicle written all over it... Never mind that the Cybertruck is having plenty of competition from now through 2025.... Rivian/ F150 Lightning / Chevy EV / Ram EV .... all using the same Supercharger network with plug n charge
I'll give you the Rivian and F150 Lightning but the Chevy EV and Ram EV are more vaporware than the Tesla Roadster at this point.

I'm interested in how they will handle the rearview mirror being blocked by the cover. It's not a digital mirror in the RC units and there are some shots that appear the screen shows the rearview camera go to the top of the screen when the cover is closed, but I'm not sure how that will be received.
Likely just the camera, it isn't mandatory in California and I'd assume it is similar in other states:

"According to CVC 26709, all motor vehicles must feature two or more rearview mirrors. One of the two mirrors must be on the driver's side. The second mirror can be located anywhere else, but it must provide the driver with a clear view of the vehicle's rear."

Likely just the camera, it isn't mandatory in California and I'd assume it is similar in other states:

"According to CVC 26709, all motor vehicles must feature two or more rearview mirrors. One of the two mirrors must be on the driver's side. The second mirror can be located anywhere else, but it must provide the driver with a clear view of the vehicle's rear."
Right, but it will be a huge difference displayed on the center screen than where rearview mirrors are. We know from the stalk discussion that some hate any change, regardless if they've tried it or not.

Does that apply to trucks?

That roll up cover is going to be a service center issue quite often.

Also, that 6’ bed looks more like 5’ with that lip/ledge …… meaning anything taller than that isn’t going to fit
the tonneau cover completely covering the rear window is.... well.... odd. meanwhile in traditional trucks you can get a tonneau cover - and - an automatic opening rear window...

the tonneau cover completely covering the rear window is.... well.... odd. meanwhile in traditional trucks you can get a tonneau cover - and - an automatic opening rear window...

The center rearview mirror might have a camera view option, so when the cover is closed blocking the mirror it switches to display mode and shows a rear camera view.

We'll know in a few weeks.

• Helpful
Reactions: navguy12
It doesn't solve it. My question wasn't about standards, but driver opinions of not being able to use the installed rear-view mirror whenever the cover is closed.
Box trucks, cargo vans, hearses, trucks pulling trailers, etc: None have or have use of a center rear-view mirror. The side 'rear-view' mirrors suffice legally apparently according to:

I suppose many drivers will grouse about not having the center one though. Grousing seems to be a very popular pastime.

Box trucks, cargo vans, hearses, trucks pulling trailers, etc: None have or have use of a center rear-view mirror. The side 'rear-view' mirrors suffice legally apparently according to:

I suppose many drivers will grouse about not having the center one though. Grousing seems to be a very popular pastime.
You aren't reading what I'm posting. That's fine, others have.

The center rearview mirror might have a camera view option, so when the cover is closed blocking the mirror it switches to display mode and shows a rear camera view.

We'll know in a few weeks.
In the RC vehicles it's a standard mirror. The backup camera shows in a small window at the top of the screen. I think it was in Elon's at the racetrack, but I'll look for it tomorrow.