Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Elon took a CT to Rogan, who shot it with an arrow.

Already revising down capacity/production estimates (was 250k/year on the Earnings Call, now it's 200k annually).

Will weigh 7,000 pounds. Looks like payload capacity may be getting revised (down) based on GVWR.

Already revising down capacity/production estimates (was 250k/year on the Earnings Call, now it's 200k annually).

Will weigh 7,000 pounds. Looks like payload capacity may be getting revised (down) based on GVWR.

He actually said between 6000 and 7000 lbs. My guess is the dual and tri motor might have different size battery packs, so we might have CT's with two different weights.

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
Did Musk say anything about the brakes on this bad boy or does he expect it to slow down once it plows into other cars?

let-the-hate-flow-through-you-sidious.gif

What hate? Brakes aren't important? We all know how great the brakes are in other Teslas..... But yeah "Hate" :rolleyes:

Nearly every post of yours in this thread is wrapped in negativity towards Elon, Tesla, and the Cybertruck. Your statement "does he expect it to slow down once it plows into other cars" is very much a negative and meant to insinuate the CT is dangerous or lacking in some manner, like so many other of your posts here. What reason do you have to believe the brakes will be anything other than sufficient? Do other Tesla's have lacking brakes? I find the brakes in my MY to be fantastic, same goes for the few M3's I've driven.

You keep flinging poo around like a monkey in a tree and to be honest it makes me feel sad for you, because if you dislike the CT so much then why are you even posting so prolifically in the "Cybertuck Launch is Imminent" thread? :rolleyes:

Nearly every post of yours in this thread is wrapped in negativity towards Elon, Tesla, and the Cybertruck. Your statement "does he expect it to slow down once it plows into other cars" is very much a negative and meant to insinuate the CT is dangerous or lacking in some manner, like so many other of your posts here. What reason do you have to believe the brakes will be anything other than sufficient? Do other Tesla's have lacking brakes? I find the brakes in my MY to be fantastic, same goes for the few M3's I've driven.

You keep flinging poo around like a monkey in a tree and to be honest it makes me feel sad for you, because if you dislike the CT so much then why are you even posting so prolifically in the "Cybertuck Launch is Imminent" thread? :rolleyes:

I mean aren’t CT fans flinging poo talking about 500 mile range, putting Legacy trucks out of business, bulletproof, amazed that the bed has lighting, a power frunk…. You know standard EV truck stuff or is it rosey poo?

As a reservation holder, I want know important details, we already know it’s going to be fast. What about brakes, suspension, RANGE, PRICE, TOWING… you know, important Truck stuff

Reactions: TessP100D

He said something like '200k or more' to Rogan...

And he also said Tesla has a chance to do 2m units this year. Anytime he puts a sales figure out there, take that as the ceiling.

If they were aiming for 250k, that's what he would have said.
Ya mean like he did on the earnings call, which you yourself stated?
"Now, I can say that if you say, well, where will things end up, I think we'll end up with roughly 0.25 million Cybertrucks a year, but we're not -- I don't think we're going to reach that output rate next year."

I shudder to think of the mental contortion it takes to turn:
Elon: We're aiming to make about 200 thousand a year at volume production
Joe: Wow
Elon: Maybe a little more

Into: BREAKING! Elon lowers Cybertruck production estimate to 200k max from 250k minimum!

225k is both roughly 250k and about 200k, maybe a little more...

"Now, I can say that if you say, well, where will things end up, I think we'll end up with roughly 0.25 million Cybertrucks a year, but we're not -- I don't think we're going to reach that output rate next year."

Into: BREAKING! Elon lowers Cybertruck production estimate to 200k max from 250k minimum!

It's amazing. Headlines now consist of conflating casual conversation with official company statements and feelings being turned into facts.

Reactions: Yelobird

It's been four years since the unveiling and the CEO cannot give a consistent answer on targeted volume production output or how much the thing actually weighs.

Anyway, cheers.

It's been four years since the unveiling and the CEO cannot give a consistent answer on targeted volume production output or how much the thing actually weighs.

Anyway, cheers.
Comments like this are hilarious, he's under no obligation to do so. Every casual word that comes out of Elon's mouth shouldn't be treated as an official announcement by Tesla ... absurd

Anyway, cheers.
Around 200-250k with the current manufacturing plan. Which is pretty much what one should expect given the limit imposed by the Giga Press cycle time. 250k is a 2 minute cycle 24/7/365. How exact should one expect an estimate to be for a mew line with a new vehiclewith new processes looking out 12+ months?

As to weight, it depends on the build. 6k-7k is the expected range based on VIN weight classification and reveal payload.

Given the delivery event this month, it's not surprising that Elon is keeping things vauge.

Around 200-250k with the current manufacturing plan. Which is pretty much what one should expect given the limit imposed by the Giga Press cycle time. 250k is a 2 minute cycle 24/7/365. How exact should one expect an estimate to be for a mew line with a new vehiclewith new processes looking out 12+ months?

As to weight, it depends on the build. 6k-7k is the expected range based on VIN weight classification and reveal payload.

Given the delivery event this month, it's not surprising that Elon is keeping things vauge.

funny how he doesn't keep other things vague.... I mean we have been told now numerous times by Elon that 9mm / .45 ACP and shotgun rounds do *not* penetrate the Cybertruck doors.... yet regarding weight/ range/ armor glass - yes/no ? it is *dead silent*. he also hasn't refuted the rumored near $100k price point for the tri-motor. I get that they might want to keep price hush-hush until the launch event.... but teasing range or being more precise with weight isn't giving away company secrets. Me thinks that it's going to be meh and the bullet proof doors are the only thing really standing out versus other EV trucks....

funny how he doesn't keep other things vague.... I mean we have been told now numerous times by Elon that 9mm / .45 ACP and shotgun rounds do *not* penetrate the Cybertruck doors.... yet regarding weight/ range/ armor glass - yes/no ? it is *dead silent*. he also hasn't refuted the rumored near $100k price point for the tri-motor. I get that they might want to keep price hush-hush until the launch event.... but teasing range or being more precise with weight isn't giving away company secrets. Me thinks that it's going to be meh and the bullet proof doors are the only thing really standing out versus other EV trucks....
Yesterday was the first Elon said the glass isn't bullet resistant.

Reactions: TessP100D