Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We received our Time to Build email on Oct 1st but waited almost three months before finalizing. Once invited to finalize, you can actively defer or do nothing and bide your time.

Good to know. I thought that once you had the offer to build, you had a time limit or you lost your place in line so to speak.

How long can you defer and not finalize?????????????????

I understood that the price increase is only based upon when you get your reservation, not on when you finalize.

The price increase wouldn't apply to someone with a reservation made before the end of the year, but once you receive the invitation to build, there will now be a time limit (of about 3-4 weeks) before the price goes up. Before the price increase was announced, one could sit and wait as long as desired without any repercussions.

The price increase wouldn't apply to someone with a reservation made before the end of the year, but once you receive the invitation to build, there will now be a time limit (of about 3-4 weeks) before the price goes up. Before the price increase was announced, one could sit and wait as long as desired without any repercussions.

Okay, now it all makes sense. Thanks you for that info!

[/QUOTE]Pre-MVPA signed 12-28-12* P11,395, 85kwh, blue, 19", non-pano, black leather w/Obeche gloss Feb/March delivery[/QUOTE]

I am sooooooooooooooooooo jealous! I am a P ~15000 so when I see a P11,395 (which feels so close to 15K) I wonder when mine will be built..............................

I will never understand the numbering system. ;-) 12591 is finalized? What does that mean when it comes to time to be built and delivered?

No, I don't think 12591 has come up to finalize yet, but 12568 has. So they stopped somewhere after 12568 and before 12591, if they are in fact progressing through US Production reservations monotonically (I've seen no evidence to the contrary).

From what I've read, I believe after you reserve, while you're waiting, you can use the online design studio to design the car for your reservation. Then when your reservation number is up, you'll get to finalize that design. But if your reservation number comes up and you haven't designed while you were waiting, it will be "time to build" which is just designing using the online design studio, just Asa if you'd done so while waiting for your reservation number to come up.

Once you finalize, you get some docs to sign & they countersign, then they start building your car. Setting up delivery and getting a VIN happen (not necessarily in that order?) sometime after your car is actually being built by the factory. Delivery happens sometime after all that. Oh, and oh yeah, you (or your bank) has to pay them before delivery completes. ;)

In other words: reserve, design/build, finalize, car enters production, get a VIN, set up delivery, pay, get your car.

In my case, since I clicked the "buy" button in the design studio after already designing a P85, they copied that to the seeming official design for my reservation. I can still change it, and will probably continue to be able to until I finalize when my reservation number comes up, hopefully sometime in February.

To those of you who know, does this sound right? Surely there's a thread about this elsewhere.

In my case, since I clicked the "buy" button in the design studio after already designing a P85, they copied that to the seeming official design for my reservation. I can still change it, and will probably continue to be able to until I finalize when my reservation number comes up, hopefully sometime in February.

To those of you who know, does this sound right? Surely there's a thread about this elsewhere.

Thank you! I am leaning towards multicoat red. I understand that choosing red may delay the car by 3 months. Now, I have also heard that while waiting for red, I can still change my mind and choose another color, like white????????

Thank you! I am leaning towards multicoat red. I understand that choosing red may delay the car by 3 months. Now, I have also heard that while waiting for red, I can still change my mind and choose another color, like white????????

Until you finalize and sign your preliminary MVPA you can do whatever you want (you aren't really making any choices, just playing around with the design). Once you've finalized you can't change (some people have been able to in the past, but you definitely can't count on that).

Until you finalize and sign your preliminary MVPA you can do whatever you want (you aren't really making any choices, just playing around with the design). Once you've finalized you can't change (some people have been able to in the past, but you definitely can't count on that).

So two components? finalize and sign. Both need to be done to lock one into the chosen design. Do I have it right? Am I correct?

As always, thank you for your explanations, very helpful.

Thank you! I am leaning towards multicoat red. I understand that choosing red may delay the car by 3 months.

That would be true if you have a lower reservation number because they will start producing red in March. If you have a number that would have a March or later delivery, it shouldn't make a great deal of difference (depending upon the other options you chose).