Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keyless Entry for Dummies ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lowly Holden Commodore beeps the horn if you open and then close the doors with a key fob still inside the car, no use of special sensors or apps.

That's because the holden door handles stick out with a button on them. The GM implementation is nice and simple and also has the advantage of being able to just unlock the drivers door when opening, or all doors if you double click on the button. The downside is that the handles stick out.

her day, as I'm getting used to this wonderful new beastie of mine, a beautiful Obsidian Black 85D, I pull up and park. Managed that okay. Put the car gear into park to turn my Tesla off. Still not used to this - I can still feel a phantom engine hum. And got out and walked away, knowing my car would lock in seconds.

Unfortunately, (wait for it, we all know what's coming ...) I had left my key fob in the car and it was never locked.

If you don't mind leaving a computer permanently running you can use VisibleTesla which remotely monitors your car on a continuous basis.

It can send you emails if the car is left unlocked:

VT.png

Or emails to let you know charging was interrupted:

VTnopower.png

And many other cool things.

That's because the holden door handles stick out with a button on them. The GM implementation is nice and simple and also has the advantage of being able to just unlock the drivers door when opening, or all doors if you double click on the button. The downside is that the handles stick out.

Nothing to do with the handles. Open and close the drivers door and the horn beeps to say the key fob is inside - even if you never got out of the car. Get out of the car and close the doors and it locks based on a timer, same as the Tesla. My point was that there is no need for seat sensors and timers etc and Holden aren't concerned with the alleged illegalities of utilising the horn for this type of alert. I think it also sounds the horn if locking the car fails due to a door being improperly charged.