Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Jaguar I-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Big modern EV to ancient pioneer: I am going to eat your batteries for breakfast! Wait, lead acid you say?!
20181017_102746.jpg

I expect a normal non-journalist human will become accustomed to the frustrating climate controls within 10 minutes of use. As to the poor smartphone integration and voice recognition, I could not care less.
Agreed. The Jaguar doesn’t interest me in the least, but the more EVs the merrier.

That said, this review and “rating” was largely garbage. I get a feeling this journalist must be the type of person who gets easily frustrated at basic things, especially when it relates to “technology.” I imagine them flustered at the grocery aisle 2 years into using their new chip-enabled credit card and still not understanding what needs to be done.

I think there is PLENTY to critique on the i-Pace, but seriously? The climate control? Looking at the photo of the knob, it’s braindead obvious how it’s expected to work and I’ve never even touched it.

The Volt 'aliens in the garage' ads were great. OTOH, the ELR "snob" ad was terrible.

More recently, VW has been running the "Flintstones vs Jetsons" ad - thanks to the Dieselgate settlement. I've also seen ads for the Pacifica PHEV and the Outlander PHEV - on Fox News Channel no less.

I think the X and I will both be shopped as “utility” vehicles despite their size differences. Car shopping isn’t a totally rational process for most customers and if one is looking for a crossover the Model 3 simply wont be on the list to consider.

The comparison also dramatically highlights how grossly inefficient the I-Pace seems to be. The Model X is huge, heavy, powerful, can seat seven and tow a real boat. Somehow the compact Jag uses way more fuel.