Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Jaguar I-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like there is finally a competitor for the base model S.

So it seems.

jagtesla_0.jpg

I don't think anyone can give you an intelligent answer at this point.

I wonder if the lack of a 90% (or less) / 100% user charging-option will prove to be a problem?

Bjorn reported severe Regen loss after a 100% charge, so I presume there isn't a top buffer?

Maybe i-Pace battery doesn't hurt sitting at a 100% charge?

I think? Bjorn also reported no dramatic cooling fan noise etc. during rapid charge? That may not mean anything (already ambient temperature reasonable cold in Norway to shed any excess heat ...) ... but ...

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
This article is "fine" and I get it that it's in the U.K. so Supercharging there may be less of a big deal with more CCS available, but I sort of feel like they ignored a bunch of things and summed it up with "The Jag just "felt" better during our test drive, so therefore it's the "better" electric car."

I mean, maybe it's totally true that it "feels" better, but where is the comparison about something as trivial as interior space? AutoPilot? Supercharger network? OTA updates? Always connected app? Summon? Prices in various trim levels/options? The conclusion is, "Model S 75D doesn’t make as compelling a case as the Jag." ??? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to compare to a Model 3 as they're much closer in size?

I'm all for more EVs, but this "review" seemed a bit weak and severely lacking in depth to make any sort of claim about which one is "superior." (And had they deemed the Model S "more compelling" yet not changing anything else in the article, I'd make the same claim that this was a journo who got a grand total of 30 minutes with each car to base his/her writing, making it kinda pointless.)

with more CCS available

Except that all the CCS here in UK is slow, old-school, 50kW stuff. Typically a couple of pumps at each location, so if busy a long wait until it is free.

Poor review, failing to highlight any of the issues with slow onboard charger, not utilising capability of newer 150kW chargers, implying that it is a 300-mile-range car, and so on.

Naive folk buying one of these on the hype will do untold damage for the EV-movement when they then tell their friends how they have been misled.

Don't judge it yet, it is a pretty decent EV. 2 days of ownership, 120 Kms and it grows on me.
Highs: great interior feeling, great seats and seating position, better view. Great to drive, car shrinks as speed picks up, better comfort, Meridian surround.

Lows: less boot space, slow infotainment, miniature backup camera, cumbersome navy, Android auto not working on my S8, InControlAppd is just not fluid enough.

Will make an attempt on a video of the peculiar"steering assist" this weekend.

First I-Pace delivered in North America. EPA range missed the Jaguar estimate of 240 and came in at 234. Anybody here the proud owner?

Jaguar delivers first I-Pace electric crossover in North America

This is my favorite part: "I’ve looked at Tesla in the past and was never impressed with their interiors or looks of the car, but when I saw the I-Pace, I said that’s something I’d like to drive".

Very sound car buying philosophy on display here, no doubt about that.

RT

First I-Pace delivered in North America. EPA range missed the Jaguar estimate of 240 and came in at 234. Anybody here the proud owner?

Jaguar delivers first I-Pace electric crossover in North America

This is my favorite part: "I’ve looked at Tesla in the past and was never impressed with their interiors or looks of the car, but when I saw the I-Pace, I said that’s something I’d like to drive".

Very sound car buying philosophy on display here, no doubt about that.

RT

Just dont take in the freeway. No charging and that range tanks pretty fast. Thats also less then the X75D which is 237 and you can actually take it on the freeway and get 230+ miles.

from the Green Car Reports review, a line that nearly made me spit out my coffee:
"Credit where credit is due: Tesla’s six-year lead time allowed time to build an ecosystem, a charging network that still hasn’t been beaten for long-distance travel convenience, and a fiercely loyal fanbase."

Never realized it was "time" that built the supercharger network. I thought it was Tesla's carefully deployed capital and visionary system design.

from the Green Car Reports review, a line that nearly made me spit out my coffee:
"Credit where credit is due: Tesla’s six-year lead time allowed time to build an ecosystem, a charging network that still hasn’t been beaten for long-distance travel convenience, and a fiercely loyal fanbase."

Never realized it was "time" that built the supercharger network. I thought it was Tesla's carefully deployed capital and visionary system design.

That seems to be Jag and everyone else problem as well. They think these networks grow on trees over time. Its not like they couldnt do it if they wanted to, they just dont care enough to do it. Jag could have focused on Europe or even US to avoid Zev credits. Its not that hard to start scaling it out as you scale production. EU would be easier because of the size.