Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Supercharger option worth $2,000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's definitely worth $2000. I bought it in anticipation of Tesla expanding the Supercharger network. The idea of driving anywhere in the US for an upfront fee is mind-blowing. Also, what's the point of owning the only road trip capable EV without going on a road trip. I'll be going on my first extended road trip soon (2000 miles). Super excited.

Also, I personally don't like to take my own car on a long road trip, especially a very expensive car. Road trips put a lot of wear and tear on vehicles. I usually prefer to rent a car and if something goes wrong with the car or I get in an accident, I just call the car rental company and they take care of it.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Model S but I'm also a practical person, I commute 100 miles each day so driving my tesla would be perfect but I don't have to necessarily take it on road trips.

This has been said a hundred times on these forums, but I will say it again. Once you discover how incredible the model S driving experience is, you will never want to drive an ICE car again! And you certainly will not want to leave your model S home on a long road trip. The model S is the ultimate road trip car!

Get the supercharger option. As Tesla continues to build out the supercharger network, it will become easier and easier to make long-distance trips in the model S. Building supercharger stations is relatively easy. In the near future they will be everywhere.