Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Model S a "Man Magnet" for Women

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For most women "its just a car", and they can't understand why I would get so much enjoyment out of one.

I understand you Tslagrl! I've been stopped by a few women in the parking lots now, asking questions about the car and taking photos. I'm interested to see what the level of interest will be gender wise this Saturday at Charlotte Oktoberfest, I will have my Model S on display for National Plug in Day.

Personally, I actually find the Model S hotter than the Roadster. But the truth is, all Teslas are smoking hot. Just a matter of personal preference. Regarding the question of whether or not the Model S is a "man magnet" for women, that answer would be YES, yes it is. It is a man AND woman magnet. A fast and beautiful electric car is attractive to both sexes equally. At least for people with taste... but I may be slightly biased ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Awww shucks, I'm *blushing* yobigd20. Thanks :)

The first several years of my racing career when someone would ask me if I had a boyfriend (I was single at that time) I would tap my race car and say "this is my boyfriend right here" and that was the honest truth. Racing was my first love. One of my first racing shirts read "Auto Racing: I'm not in it for the boys, I'm in it for the cars." and "Girl Meets Boy" but the boy was crossed out to say "Race Car" There are so many women that appreciate and love fast cars (Bonnie is one that comes to mind!) Since Phoenix was delivered, the people that have approached me to ask about her, I would estimate it's a 60/40 split men to women.

Leilani, being matched perfectly to yobigd20's profile, I think you will get many more hits now that you are cruising with your sparkling P85+. Don't be surprised to find a row of tailgaters behind you. I don't mind to hear some details from time to time.
:)

To answer the question, I'd say it depends on who is driving it. ;)

Aside: Watched a Grey one drive down Fremont Avenue past the High School today on the way back from the Gym. Couldn't believe how many of the High School kids were pointing and staring at it as it went by. They definitely think it's cool. I expected to see some hot chick in the car, but when I caught up with the driver it was an 70 year old man with his wife. He had a huge Tesla Grin on his face. :D

To answer the question, I'd say it depends on who is driving it. ;)

Aside: Watched a Grey one drive down Fremont Avenue past the High School today on the way back from the Gym. Couldn't believe how many of the High School kids were pointing and staring at it as it went by. They definitely think it's cool. I expected to see some hot chick in the car, but when I caught up with the driver it was an 70 year old man with his wife. He had a huge Tesla Grin on his face. :D

Yes that is exactly the treatment I received when I went to pick up my kids in the summer camp held in homestead high!

Yes that is exactly the treatment I received when I went to pick up my kids in the summer camp held in homestead high!

It does my old heart good to see these youngsters caring about the planet the way they do. My own kids seem almost more excited about the whole thing than I am. My 11 y/o daughter has a little dry erase board with pics of a Grey Model S on it with the words "23 Days to Go!" on it. Each day she decreases the number to reflect how many days are left until our new Tesla arrives. :D

ETA: I also think it's cool how many of us live in the area. Bay area represent! :)

Funny story. My wife's dear friend is recently divorced (clearly NOT the funny part), and the two of them went out last night for a girls night. Her friend demanded they take the Model S, as she puts is "because it guarantees that guys will hit on us!"

While I wasn't pleased at my wife getting a better offer (which wouldn't be too hard) I immediately thought of this post.

The report this morning is men will literally walk into traffic to talk to two women driving around in a Model S.

The Model S turns all kinds of heads, but I find that I get approached with questions far more often by men. I think that just reflects the demographics of car enthusiasts, which tends to skew male. Don't get me wrong, there are obviously plenty of great examples of women who love cars (some in this very thread, and several in my local Tesla Enthusiasts group), but I think it's also safe to say that they are outnumbered.
+1
I've had a few women ask about my car, but mostly it's the guys. Also, most of the people at work who were excited and interested in it were the guys. I've loved loved loved cars all my life, and I'm used to being the only girl in a conversation about cars. I do have a good friend who likes nice cars, but for her it's about status, not the performance (although she does have a lead foot). She was the only woman who was asking the types of questions asked if one is seriously considering buying, lol.