Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead Model S Signature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ViperDoc

Roadster 1305
Jun 24, 2011
Vermont
My ex-partner has a Model S Signature (VIN 55). She took that, I got the Roadster. She apparently now has a dead battery and told our daughter the shocks are shot so the car is very low to the ground. She is not interested in replacing battery due to cost. Does anyone have any thoughts? She was just going to try to get it to a junk yard, but I didn't know if there was a way someone with interest would want to either buy cheap or just pay shipping to take it and get it running again. Hate to see an early Signature go to the graveyard, but I didn't know what to tell her. If it were a Roadster, I imagine Gruber or Medlock might be interested in something on the car, but not sure about an early Model S.

Thanks for any ideas!

If this truly ends up as a junkyard option, please reach out to me first. Please.

Our local Tesla Owners’ Club (our President is a fellow Roadster owner BTW) teaches a Crash Course for first responders. There may be some value to us in having a Model S we can dissect for the first responders. Would rather see it used for education than have it rot in a junkyard.

I’d prefer to see it go somewhere that’s going to put life into it, but if push comes to shove, we may be able to utilize it as a chassis.

I'd have to contemplate a few things, but I'd certainly be interested as opposed to it going to a junkyard. Is it drivable at all? Like to get on a trailer?
Apparently the battery died, and it has been sitting some time. So I do not think it is drivable on its own. She commented to my daughter that she is not sure it can be moved without damage because the shocks have let it sit so low, but I don't know that whole story.

If this truly ends up as a junkyard option, please reach out to me first. Please.

Our local Tesla Owners’ Club (our President is a fellow Roadster owner BTW) teaches a Crash Course for first responders. There may be some value to us in having a Model S we can dissect for the first responders. Would rather see it used for education than have it rot in a junkyard.

I’d prefer to see it go somewhere that’s going to put life into it, but if push comes to shove, we may be able to utilize it as a chassis.

How many miles on it?
She says probably about 100,000 (it is a 2012 Signature).

I'd have to contemplate a few things, but I'd certainly be interested as opposed to it going to a junkyard. Is it drivable at all? Like to get on a trailer?
It is located in upstate NY. It is not drivable though we were able to move it. I cannot find the key fobs that came with it either. otherwise the car is in great shape. Still any interest?