Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Infiniti LE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with David - they blew it by sticking with 24 kWh. One would think they have enough real world experience with the Leaf to recognize the limitations. They also blew it with the styling. It looks very similar to a Hyundai Elantra. I assume the grill is not production intent. Infiniti had an opportunity to be a contender in the Luxury EV segment but this isn't a good start. Perhaps they evolve the concept a bit before 2013 - namely bump the battery to at least 34 kWh, motor to 125 kWh and evolve the styling.

At least the interior quality looks very good.

I agree with David - they blew it by sticking with 24 kWh. ... It looks very similar to a Hyundai Elantra...

Funny that I went to a consumer survey (room with a giant mirror where they ask you opinions about products) There were two Tesla owners, a MiniE owner, a conversion builder, two Leaf, and a Volt owner (more or less). Both the Tesla owners were saying that 100 miles does not make a luxury car. Luxury means no compromise and that's a lot of compromise. The style pictures they showed were much more G series but maybe they see the styling success of Hyundai and are emulating it

Interior quality is very nice, luxurious and smartly designed. I really like the way they handled the shifter and controller for the screen. They look very good. Jealous of the interior lighting. The headlights remind me strongly of my E60 5-series headlights, though. I also think the Sonata/Elantra will want their tail lights back.

...I also think the Sonata/Elantra will want their tail lights back.
ApqY3GQCEAAEff4.jpg:large

Rear_Tail_lights.jpg

Wow, you're beating me up over mentioning "Dodge"? LOL. I thought for sure you guys would rip me a new one for mentioning "multiple gears", which is sacrilege on a Tesla forum.

Regarding Dodge:
I wasn't implying that they were the most likely to do an EV, clearly they're not.
But they currently have the Charger SRT8, and their history has a lot of muscle car DNA.
They seem like risk takers and I could see them buying the drivetrain from someone.

I really like their 8" nav screen and great nav software (Garmin) and great stereo software and I'd love to see that in an EV.
I love the gauge cluster of the new Dodge Dart and would love to see that in an EV.
Their adaptive cruise control really sucks though.
Their stereo software is the best in the business, it's too bad that the sound quality of the system in the new Charger is terrible.

I don't see Nissan or Infiniti ever coming out with a muscle car (EV or otherwise).
Ditto for Tesla.

Maybe Chevy will do one.
I don't consider the Corvette a muscle car (only two seats and too expensive), but I wonder if there's an electric Corvette in the future?

Not beating you up for mentioning Dodge. Just beating up on Dodge.
No muscle car from Nissan? What do you call the GT-R?

If Chevy is still around in 15 years, I predict an electric Corvette. I'm sure many of their execs would rather die, so maybe their company will.

I thought for sure you guys would rip me a new one for mentioning "multiple gears", which is sacrilege on a Tesla forum.

I think a transmission on an EV is something only needed by racecars and supercars. It will be hard to get to 200+mph without one.
There are home built EVs that run 9 second quarter miles, and they have no transmission. Do you need one to get into the 8s and 7s? I don't know.
I would love for someone to build one. I think someone with deep pockets could build an amazing 200+ mph supercar EV right now - something that would rival the Veyron.

I would also love for Roadster 3.0 to have a transmission and achieve 200mph and be a true track car.