Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana Tesla owners and future owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too bad no Model S yet, the Soldier Field stadium parking for the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, and Planetarium has plug-in spots. Irony of ironies, however, is that EV parking spots are not available at the Museum of Science and Industry (also ironic, cell phone coverage in that museum is abysmal).

We'll be at the Sci/Ind on Saturday. If you see a lanky tall guy with a 7-month pregnant wife and a 2-year-old girl screaming about the train set, be sure to say hello.

Also, I'm picking my car up in Chicago on Tuesday. Luckily, this week has been flying by. I can't say the same will probably happen this weekend...

Be sure to post some great pics tomorrow! I'm patiently waiting for a Green performance in downstate Illinois (I travel to Indy every week)
haven't seen the Green in person yet, but have heard that it is awesome...so let me know while I wait.

BTW: had James Glover over, the owner/electrician at Mr. Electric. They are the local contractor for Sun City for the Tesla installs. He covers the regoin down through, and including Cincinnati. I am getting a quote for the work I'm going to need.

He's a wealth of knowledge, (and a big car guy it turns out). He's done a bunch of Tesla installs already, and has done a bunch of basically every other type of EV. He claims there are already 27 MS (?!) in central Indiana/ Indy area.

Also was telling me about a job he's working up for a guy that has *3* on order for himself, his wife and daughter...

Be sure to post some great pics tomorrow! I'm patiently waiting for a Green performance in downstate Illinois (I travel to Indy every week)
haven't seen the Green in person yet, but have heard that it is awesome...so let me know while I wait.

Can I take exception that you list Watseka, IL and call it "downstate" ? :)

I know most Chicagoans think of anything south of Joliet as the hinterlands, but c'mon -- I live 45 miles east of St. Louis. *That* is downstate :)

Well, the weather yesterday was garbage. Grey overcast, then heavy snow. Every photo I took of my "green" car made it look black. The sun was out today, but within 24-hours of driving around Chicago/Northwest Indiana, it looks like every other nasty car on the road. I present to you the ugliest Model S photo you've seen on these forums.

IMG_1591.JPG

I think your green looks good. I have found myself unable to resist frequently hand washing my Model S even with temps under 32F.
I love my red but sometimes think that South Bend only likes silver/gray cars in the winter.

I look forward to a big meet up in Indy. Perhaps 1 to 3 pm Saturday on the weekend before Memorial Day weekend at the Fashion Mall? It should be warm enough to walk around. Since the two ChargePoints are in the garage north of Nordstrum. I suggest we park outside just north of the garage. Inside if raining.

Car arrived in Chicago on Monday, and would have been ready Tues/Wed.

As convenient as it would be to have it roll up to my house, I've decided to get it earlier than otherwise by picking it up at the service center. I don't anticipate any issues, but if there are any problems or concerns, it would be better to address them there. In the event of a massive failure, not accepting the car would also be possible.

I'm not too keen on the fact that once the car is turned over to the carrier for home delivery, it's yours.

It so happens that it's easy enough to take the MegaBus up to Chicago this Saturday. The service center looks like it's an easy walk from Union station, and it looks like the weather will cooperate. Home on a single charge.

Let's hope the snow clears and I can get my underground cable run to the garage this Fri. I suspect I'll be charging at the local Kohl's for a short time. :)

Childressmd, are you related to Linda who was/is a nephrologist?

I hope you love your car as much as I love mine. It is my "happy place." You will soon find all other cars annoying to drive. The seat is not as good as some, but 3 hours in a row is your limit anyway.