Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Created a Tesla Model S Chrome Extension and Need Your Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use it more than the mobile app. I really wish Tesla would start to recognise that one of the steps toward continued success is to take advantage of the amazing talent among the owners and future owners, and open up the API's. I get the security thing, but that's only because people are working with what's currently available.

I use it more than the mobile app. I really wish Tesla would start to recognise that one of the steps toward continued success is to take advantage of the amazing talent among the owners and future owners, and open up the API's. I get the security thing, but that's only because people are working with what's currently available.

Their concern might be more around the load on their servers. If I'm not mistaken, all of this traffic has to go through their systems before hitting the car.

Wish you wouldn't take it down. And thanks for making it. They should have that right in the Tesla website account.

I plan on doing everything I can to keep it up. I have no plans to take it offline. I feel like I jerk for asking, but if anyone that uses it wouldn't mind putting a review in the chrome store I would appreciate it. I might be able to show Tesla that people have been using it and that it is helpful for the community that way.

Thanks everyone for the support, and I am happy people are using the extension.

Where would you add pictures to the program? I see the placeholders, but where do you add them enhance the appearance.

Found the area for all the pictures. Due to the number of options, adding pictures is quite the undertaking. It would be so nice if Tesla supported the project!

Last edited:
is there a way to open it in full screen?

There is unfortunately no way to open it full screen. The way chrome extensions are handled, there is a max size (800x600) I believe. I chose the screen size I did to have a similar aspect ratio of the phone application. I also wish there way to keep it open while using other parts of the screen, so you could watch while the car is connecting, but that is another rule that chrome has set.

Can you not enable it to be allowed to be within it's own window? The twitter client I use in Chrome has this option, and it works really well...

pop out window.jpg

Can you not enable it to be allowed to be within it's own window? The twitter client I use in Chrome has this option, and it works really well...

I haven't looked into this, but I am going to do a little work on the extension in the coming days to update the libraries to their newest versions. What twitter client is it. I also am going to try and clean up some temp images so it will be more usable.

Hey guys. I just want to thank everyone for their support. As thanks I will be releasing a pretty large update tomorrow. I will be putting it in a new thread though, so for anyone that has been following this keep an eye out! (as with all chrome extensions, your install will update automatically)