Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance option not available in App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time to shop for insurance for MY, and this time I wanted to try Tesla Insurance which is offered here.

I did a quote yesterday in the Tesla App, but I haven't decided to go for it and want to research a little more. So I quit the app and want to do it later.

Now the option disappears from my Telsa App when I log in it again. I cleared the app cache, data and reinstalled it, still there is no such option anymore under Discover Tab from menus, although it says it has "Telsa Insurance", it didn't list there at all. My app is Android and I believe it's been updated to latest yesterday after I used it for the quote(because the UI has changed).

My wife's iPhone App does have Tesla Insurance, but it won't let me do it there because she's just an added driver, not owner of the car. Go to online version, it asks to do inside the app only.

Any help?

For some reason progressive and state farm were both far cheaper than anywhere else.

Progressive on my new MY is $455 every 6 months as I always pay in full, state farm was just a little more. That still makes it more expensive than my 2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave but not much.

Some articles detailing the problems Tesla Insurance is having:

IMO, it's not worth it to save a few bucks on premiums (if that's even the case) and have them crap out on you when you really need them.

Reactions: cwerdna
IMO, it's not worth it to save a few bucks on premiums (if that's even the case) and have them crap out on you when you really need them.
That's where my mind is, too. I like the idea of paying less, but insurance is all about comfort and peace of mind and I'm not sure I'd receive that via Tesla Insurance, a new venture they may not be fully prepared to deliver upon, at least not relative to the other big players. At this point I'm passing on them.

Though another factor is the monitoring. As I understand it, Tesla tracks your driving and adjusts rates based on your habits. One too many "you're too close to the car in front of you" warnings and that premium sees a boost. No thanks.

Thanks for all the replies! Good to know all the bad and good.

My problem at last solved today by Tesla. Tesla pushed another software update to my car and after installing it, the Tesla Insurance magically back to my app. I will do more investigation then decide.