Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hulu Tesla Fix that actually worked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Hulu Fix

Hulu gives me the most problems in the Model 3. One day it works, and suddenly it will stop and you’re stuck with an error code that will not go away for months at a time. I finally fixed mine through a ton experimenting. I did these steps while connected to wifi, and I’m currently running FSD Beta 10.6

This is what worked for me for the hulu error codes P-DEV302 & P-DEV313

1. From the Hulu Tesla app, tap your user profile at the upper right corner of the screen (it should just be the first initial of your user name)

2. Tap “Account”

3. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen, and tap the link that says “Protect your account”

4. Tap “Log out of All Devices”

5. You’ll now be taken to the default Hulu welcome screen. DO NOT log back in. Exit the Hulu app

6. From your main Tesla menu, go to “Safety & Security” and tap “Power off”

7. Let the car sit for about 5 mins

8. Hit the brake pedal and let your car boot up

9. Open the Tesla Hulu app and it should prompt you with a QR code and an activation code.

10. From your smart phone, pull up Hulu dot com/activate, and enter the activation code

11. DO NOT attempt to play any content yet. We need to power down one last time. So follow steps 6 - 8.

12. After powering back on, open the Tesla Hulu app

13. This is very important. DO NOT tap on the same shows that previously gave you the same error code. Tap a different show or movie and it should work.

I know this all sounds very insane… and it is. But I tried everything imaginable and this is what worked for me.

QUESTION: why not just log out of Hulu in Tesla only as opposed to logging out of all devices all at once?

ANSWER: I already tried that and it doesn’t work. In fact it can give you more problems with those captcha security screens when attempting to log back in and temporarily block you. Do not bypass steps 3 & 4.

Please let know if this works for you.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
Tesla Hulu Fix

Hulu gives me the most problems in the Model 3. One day it works, and suddenly it will stop and you’re stuck with an error code that will not go away for months at a time. I finally fixed mine through a ton experimenting. I did these steps while connected to wifi, and I’m currently running FSD Beta 10.6

This is what worked for me for the hulu error codes P-DEV302 & P-DEV313

1. From the Hulu Tesla app, tap your user profile at the upper right corner of the screen (it should just be the first initial of your user name)

2. Tap “Account”

3. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen, and tap the link that says “Protect your account”

4. Tap “Log out of All Devices”

5. You’ll now be taken to the default Hulu welcome screen. DO NOT log back in. Exit the Hulu app

6. From your main Tesla menu, go to “Safety & Security” and tap “Power off”

7. Let the car sit for about 5 mins

8. Hit the brake pedal and let your car boot up

9. Open the Tesla Hulu app and it should prompt you with a QR code and an activation code.

10. From your smart phone, pull up Hulu dot com/activate, and enter the activation code

11. DO NOT attempt to play any content yet. We need to power down one last time. So follow steps 6 - 8.

12. After powering back on, open the Tesla Hulu app

13. This is very important. DO NOT tap on the same shows that previously gave you the same error code. Tap a different show or movie and it should work.

I know this all sounds very insane… and it is. But I tried everything imaginable and this is what worked for me.

QUESTION: why not just log out of Hulu in Tesla only as opposed to logging out of all devices all at once?

ANSWER: I already tried that and it doesn’t work. In fact it can give you more problems with those captcha security screens when attempting to log back in and temporarily block you. Do not bypass steps 3 & 4.

Please let know if this works for you.
This did not work for me. :(

Well, I gave up on hulu and signed up for the YouTube TV 2 week trial. Guess what? It works perfectly in my MY. But here's an interesting result that continues to emphasize that the problem consists of multiple bugs.

The full screen browser shell that's used in Teslas for hulu can also used for YouTube TV and even the free Pluto TV (via ABetterTheater.com). It's the shell that propagates the wrong time of day, but apparently this bug is unrelated to playing videos, since both YouTube TV and Pluto TV work correctly. Further, exiting this shell and then switching the car from park to reverse results in the camera display being black. Pressing the camera button fixes this immediately.

That's three separate bugs, that all seem to be related to Tesla's full screen browser shell.

Seriously doubt it - Hulu and Tesla seem to be putting the blame on each other. What’s really annoying is it only seems to be affecting some people, but from what I can see on the web it’s a pretty widespread problem
I suggest that it has to do with the cache of the Tesla web browser, which cannot be cleared by the user, short of doing a factory reset of the car. So far nobody here has come forward and said a factory reset cured the problem, so until same brave soul wants to wipe out all their car's settings, we will never know.

This is super frustrating. I'm getting the same error message too. Rebooting the car didn't fox anything.
Unless you absolutely also need Disney+ and ESPN+, my suggestion is to cancel hulu and get YouTube TV instead for live TV. If they ever fix hulu, you can cancel and switch back. hulu has been broken since July, 2021, so the chances of it being fixed in Teslas is pretty low.