Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LiteWait, I will have to miss this one, but it would be great if some of the Houston crew could represent at Houston Coffee and Cars this Saturday. Just be aware (if the weather is nice) that you need to arrive early to get a good spot, especially if you want to try and park together. 6:30am is about the norm. Officially the show starts at 8am but most of the spots are filled by then. Most people start leaving by 9:30am...

We also hope to have a meetup at the new service center when it finally opens. Maybe we should plan a dinner out somewhere if that doesn't happen soon?

Have any photos of the Model Ss from coffee and cars?

There are plenty of professional and semi-professional photographers that shoot the event, and you can Google and find a lot of shots. Pic 45 on this one shows three together--mine is on the right:

January 2013 - Photography by Tony Gonzalez

As a reminder, Houston Coffee and Cars is again this weekend and the weather looks to be a lot better than January’s meeting:

Houston Coffee and Cars - Where All Automotive Enthusiasts Meet to Share the Same Passion
https://www.facebook.com/coffeeandcars

NEXT GATHERING: FEB 2, 2013 Join us the first Saturday morning of February for our next gathering. From 8:00AM until 10:00AM at Vintage Park.

All are welcome to come by and attend. If you are bringing a Tesla, please try to arrive by 6:30am (!) so you can get a space and park together. The Teslas generally park to the back side of the front left lot as you drive in the primary entrance, but feel free to park anywhere.

Unfortunately, I’ll have to miss this one, but hopefully some Tesla owners will come out and represent! :)

Last edited:
Glad to meet LiteWait and the other some-to-be Tesla owners. LiteWait's car was beautiful but I was hoping that other Tesla owners would make it out.

I am making the shift from the main Tesla forum to over here as I think this is a better way to communicate.

I will definately be back to Cars and Coffee as it is an amazing event. Looking forward to having to decide which car to bring- convertible or Tesla?

Coffee and Cars Houston was pretty successful today. I don’t even want to begin to estimate how many people I talked to about my car. All I know is that I was dead tired when I left and felt really satisfied that I had educated so many people about the car.

The amount of people lined up along the main drag watching as cars left Vintage Park was astonishing. All I know is that I was lined up with some pretty impressive cars on my way out, which most people were overlooking because they were so interested in the Tesla. Photographers were obviously doing whatever they could to get a shot of my car. The best part was people yelling at me to “REV IT UP”.

Anyways, today was a lot of fun and I can’t wait until next month.

Great meeting LiteWait and some of the other Tesla owners who are waiting for their delivery (like me - had to delay my delivery to late march since I'll be out of the country). Went to Coffee and Cars in January, but got there during the middle of a downpour and missed the Teslas (they had already left by the time I arrived). I thought I had missed them again yesterday after walking around for 45 minutes without seeing a Tesla, but finally found LiteWait. Hope to join you all at some time in the future. Great idea to meet at the Houston Service Center after it opens - does it have an offical opening date yet?

I forgot to mention that when I was leaving Coffee and Cars the guy that owns We Got Your Back at Vintage Park came up to me and said he would save Tesla's a spot in front of his practice next month. I think we should take advantage of that next month since his store is in a prime location. I guess I will contact him and see how we can get that done. Here is his info: Dr. Tyler Slagowski Bio | We Got Your Back Chiropractic Rehabilitation

I'm inside my delivery window (started Feb 5th), got a VIN, but still don't have the name and contact info for my DS yet. What email address or phone number should I use to contact TM to find this out this info? Should I just be patient?

Cyber, how starnge! I did not receive my paperwork the first time either (sent via docusign), had to call my DS (i had already been given his name).
I would call ASAP, try 1-877-79TESLA, but if that does not work I could give you the number of my DS...

I missed Coffee & Cars for February and will miss March as well... However, I am planning on the April gathering. Let me know how the new location works out.

I'm loving my car, but I still don't have Slacker or my High Power Wall cCnnecter. The connector will be a game changer since I have to park my car diagonally in my two-car garage to charge it. That leaves the Volvo SUV on the street :mad:

On a happy note, I am the most popular girl at work :biggrin:

Just got back to town and interested in when others are getting their delivery this month. Mine shipped on Monday 2/4 and supposed to be delivered as early as tomorrow. I got my registration done today- before my bags were unpacked. I am guessing that my car is on the same truck as Cyberwelly.

As far as my DS goes, I am supposed to be able to contact her (Whitney- I assume is a woman) by phone but when tried to get her telephone number by email to the guy at Tesla who handled everything up through the delivery, I still have not received a phone number yet.

Not sure but hoping they make deliveries over the weekend :)