Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy New Year! Houston Coffee and Cars is again this weekend and it is shaping up to be our largest Tesla meetup yet:

https://www.facebook.com/coffeeandcars

NEXT GATHERING: JANUARY 5, 2012 Join us the first Saturday morning of January for our next gathering. From 8:00AM until 10:00AM at Vintage Park.

All are welcome to come by and attend. If you are bringing a Tesla, please try to arrive by 6:30am (!) so you can get a space and we can park together. We generally park to the back side of the front left lot as you drive in the primary entrance. If you PM me, I will send you my mobile number (in case you can't find us) and I can try to save you a space if you think you will be a little late.

We hope to see you there!!

Q4 delivery velocity was insane--I can't wait to hear the final Q4 delivery number. When I got my car October 5th, I was the 5th car in Houston. Two others got theirs the same day. Don't tell Larry C, but there are now more than 80 Tesla Model S vehicles in the Greater Houston area. :) We need to have a parade!

Really? 80! That's amazing.

We really should have a capital day in Austin. Everyone is responsible for a different representative, state senator or a staff member and tries to get this stupid dealership law at least amended.

Anyone interested in attending the "3rd Annual ASA Race Day" at the Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown on Saturday, January 26th? Gates open at noon and racing is 2pm to 6pm. Cost is $10/vehicle with unlimited runs.

Royal Purple Raceway | Home

2525 South Farm to Market Road 565
Baytown, TX 77523

I have never been to this nor have any idea if it is any good; however, if you wanted to legally test your Model S against yourself or another car, this is a low cost opportunity. Keep in mind that you will need to leave yourself enough charge to get home unless you plan to trailer over the car! 0 to 130 mph speed runs will... cut into your range. :)

Anyone interested in attending the "3rd Annual ASA Race Day" at the Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown on Saturday, January 26th? Gates open at noon and racing is 2pm to 6pm. Cost is $10/vehicle with unlimited runs.

Royal Purple Raceway | Home

2525 South Farm to Market Road 565
Baytown, TX 77523

I have never been to this nor have any idea if it is any good; however, if you wanted to legally test your Model S against yourself or another car, this is a low cost opportunity. Keep in mind that you will need to leave yourself enough charge to get home unless you plan to trailer over the car! 0 to 130 mph speed runs will... cut into your range. :)

Do they have RV hookups at the raceway infield? That might be a place to hook-up to a NEMA 14-50.

Do they have RV hookups at the raceway infield? That might be a place to hook-up to a NEMA 14-50.

I called (281.383.7223) and the person that answered said that they didn't, at least as far as they were aware. However, I haven't been there, so there could be some the operator doesn't know about. There are a few charging stations in Baytown, though, including some Walgreens. For example, at: 7216 Garth Rd., Baytown,TX 77521.

- - - Updated - - -

Note, eVgo network access is required for some chargers in Baytown, something I don't have since it requires a monthly fee.

Hello all Houston Tesla people! I am new to TMC but have been active on the Tesla forum under the same name, LiteWait. I recently picked up my car at the factory and posted my story at the link below. I'm confused by these forums compared to the one on the Tesla site but hopefully someone can help me out if there is some kind of a meetup or something in Houston. Check out my story if you have time:

Tesla Trip Down Highway 1 | Forums | Tesla Motors

Did you get to test drive a car prior to purchasing? I put down a reservation recently but want to test drive one. The galleria showroom folks said there is supposed to be an event before March, but the national reservations folks know nothing about it.

The only test drive I got before purchasing was at the get Amped event they had in Houston back in the summer. I fully understand you wanting to get a test drive, send me a PM and maybe we can work something out for a drive in my Model S......

I took a quick drive by the Houston Tesla Service Center today since it is near where I live. It is approaching completion, but still has a construction permit in the window and a dumpster with construction debris out back. This service center is in a warehouse park, and they've got a concrete ramp that allows them to drive the cars up into service area. Looks to be about 8000 sq ft.

3750 Westchase Dr
Houston, TX 77074

Tesla Houston Service Center.jpg

The only test drive I got before purchasing was at the get Amped event they had in Houston back in the summer. I fully understand you wanting to get a test drive, send me a PM and maybe we can work something out for a drive in my Model S......

tdubb - Wow, you are too kind. Thanks for the offer. I'll be in Miami beginning of March, so I actually scheduled one there in South Beach. If it doesn't work out, I might give you a PM. Also, the Galleria showroom people did confirm to me that they are working to get a Texas tour set up some time in the next few months.

- - - Updated - - -

So just interested in seeing if any Houston owners have had problems with their Tesla? If so, what are you guys doing since there is no service center at this point? My reservation is around 18200s, so I figure there's time for them to work out some kinks before I would actually receive the car in the Fall.

From what I've heard, the problems are mostly minor and generally mirror the "Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues' thread:

Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues

The main issue appears to be part availability--Tesla pushed very hard to get cars out in Q4, and the parts department was closed for a week in Jan. They are catching up from the rush and hopefully everything will be back to normal soon. For me, the minor issues I've had are the 'creaky sunroof' and 'fogged reflector' issue, and they have parts on order for me for that, as well as the ambient light buzz (no solution as of yet). I also have the parcel shelf and screen cubbie on my due bill. Up to now I've used the Ranger service (for instance, they came out and lubed the sunroof which initially helped reduce the sound a lot, but it has since come back), but I also live right by the service center so going there would be easy for me if I needed to. I've heard of a few not-as-minor issues in Houston (can't use the frunk due to actuator issue, door handle issues) that also need parts, but those situations are much rarer. By the time 18,200 rolls around, hopefully the cars will all be delivered with everything and perfect.

From what I've heard, the problems are mostly minor and generally mirror the "Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues' thread:

Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues

The main issue appears to be part availability--Tesla pushed very hard to get cars out in Q4, and the parts department was closed for a week in Jan. They are catching up from the rush and hopefully everything will be back to normal soon. For me, the minor issues I've had are the 'creaky sunroof' and 'fogged reflector' issue, and they have parts on order for me for that, as well as the ambient light buzz (no solution as of yet). I also have the parcel shelf and screen cubbie on my due bill. Up to now I've used the Ranger service (for instance, they came out and lubed the sunroof which initially helped reduce the sound a lot, but it has since come back), but I also live right by the service center so going there would be easy for me if I needed to. I've heard of a few not-as-minor issues in Houston (can't use the frunk due to actuator issue, door handle issues) that also need parts, but those situations are much rarer. By the time 18,200 rolls around, hopefully the cars will all be delivered with everything and perfect.

If you have a flat tire in the Tesla, can it get towed to any auto shop for tire replacement? Or does it have to go to a Tesla service center? Can the Rangers change your tire?

Sure, a tire is a tire--anyplace can fix it. If you pay for Ranger service, no doubt they could fix them as well (I'm not 100% if that is in the list of stuff they cover), but depending on where you are when you get the flat, you might not want to wait. For instance, let's say you are on the road in West Texas---AAA is going to be able to get to you faster than Tesla will.